Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-30-2023, 03:35 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
I know you're looking for an all-in-one solution, but I'd like to suggest another option. I have a low profile / long reach HF jack with claimed range of 3-1/3" to 24-1/4", but to be honest I've never used it with the van. I have a pair of these, and they've proven to be infinitely useful for the van:

https://www.northerntool.com/product...640912-5713333

The combination jack+stand also means you don't have to set up separate jack stands.

I even used them when replacing the rear leaf springs with progressive Alcans--basically lifted from the axle, used Sunex 1310 10-ton jack stands to hold the frame rails, and dropped the axle down without the wheels.

Love the plum crazy color. Slick.

Old 10-01-2023, 09:59 AM   #22
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
@kibo:

Kudos on the lifting, support stands and use of wheel chocks you used in that photo!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:20 PM   #23

I have used what mobile trailer haulers and builders use when they temporarily set mobiles. They are 2x4 nailed/screwed stacked together like the Jenga game. I also use 4x12 and 6x12 blocks I had from home flip projects but they dry up & crack/split over time. I don't have a pic so I drew an smsl example with only a couple stacked. Most are a foot to 1.5 tall. You can make your own with a couple 2x4x96 studs (cheaper than 8'). Make them to whatever your stationary jack stand foot print is.
Attached Thumbnails
20231003_111333.jpg  
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 12:30 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
I absolutely hear you on the storage space! You can even hang jackstands on the wall (although ironically, my combo jack+stands store beneath my "stack" in this picture, where the roll cage tubing and 80/20 is sitting).

Man great idea. I use to stack my 4 sets on a mobile cart.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote