Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-05-2023, 01:44 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
They are basic shocks with expensive Fox stickers on them. I went with KYB to replace them.
Did you mean Agile put stickers on non Fox shocks? I have run fox shocks for just over 10 years. The ones in front were valved by Ramsey at agile 10 years ago, and have probably 50,000 miles on them, and are still working perfectly. The rears did not last as long, due to a couple of reasons. Mostly, because they didn’t have boots on them, and the shafts got dinged by rocks and ate the seals. I recently upgraded them to remote reservoirs with boots, and had the valving modified by a friend. Properly valved shocks make a world of difference.

Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 10:49 AM   #12

I just bought these from Field Van:
Products shipped
Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series - Front
Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series - Front
CF-200104
Qty: 2
Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series - Rear
Fox Shox 2.0 Performance Series - Rear
CF-200105

Fox will not sell them. I called Sportsmobile in Texas and they didn’t know what I was talking about, and sent me back to Fox. I called Field Van, they confirmed my van and asked how many I needed, very polite and helpful.
Surf Moia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 08:20 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
Did you mean Agile put stickers on non Fox shocks? I have run fox shocks for just over 10 years. The ones in front were valved by Ramsey at agile 10 years ago, and have probably 50,000 miles on them, and are still working perfectly. The rears did not last as long, due to a couple of reasons. Mostly, because they didn’t have boots on them, and the shafts got dinged by rocks and ate the seals. I recently upgraded them to remote reservoirs with boots, and had the valving modified by a friend. Properly valved shocks make a world of difference.
We are saying the same thing. I'm adding to it by saying they are overrated. Every other brand includes some kind of shaft protection. And the basic Fox 2.0 is no better than any good quality aftermarket brand. Agile's sticker is about the only difference. The shim stack change is nice but it is frosting on a turd
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 01:03 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by simplesez View Post
We are saying the same thing. I'm adding to it by saying they are overrated. Every other brand includes some kind of shaft protection. And the basic Fox 2.0 is no better than any good quality aftermarket brand. Agile's sticker is about the only difference. The shim stack change is nice but it is frosting on a turd
So they are “turds” because they don’t come with $5.00 boots? For basic on road, light duty use, there are certainly other viable options, but for even occasional offroad use, the ability to tune the Fox shocks is a big advantage in my opinion. I started with a set of adjustable Ranchos, but after changing to foxes and tuning them, the difference off-road was night and day and they were better on road too. The agile sticker indicates they have been tuned for your application, and that’s a huge benefit in my book as opposed to a stock off-the-shelf shock of any brand. YRMV……
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 04:02 PM   #15

My Agile tuned Fox's have been great for 50K miles as well. Significant upgrade and glad to have done business with them.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2023, 11:32 PM   #16

Garage
when I had my agile shocks redone I went from version 1 to whatever was current, 4 or 5 iirc. while chatting about the upgrade I was told the current version at the time was valved more towards the heavier 7.3 vans. the originals were great, the newer version was a great improvement. definitely glad I took the time to send all 4 back instead of only replacing the one I ruined (bent the shaft).

word of advice though, don’t drive a 5 ton rig without shocks. it’s unpleasant.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote