Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-07-2020, 12:20 AM   #351

I owe my wife five bucks.. she remembers!!

I was too goo-goo-ga-ga over the Cummins to focus.

winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 03:38 PM   #352

ESOF wiring assistance please.

My vehicle is 2013 E350 5.4 4R75 RSC/AdvanceTrac

Looking for assistance on inputs for the 4WD controller from 2008 F250. I have the excellent write-up from MG and have started purchasing the connectors. I have the switch, controller and tcase from the same vehicle.

I would like to know where you can hijack VSS, Neutral/Park?

My wiring diagrams from the service manual DVD ROM show:
- wheel speed sensor (WSS not VSS)
- output shaft sensor (OSS)
- not confident where to grab Neutral/Park signal. (should go to ground - i think pin2 on starter relay signal - not sure )

Hoping somebody who has already done it can give advice.

Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
4r75e dia.jpg   startingsystem.jpg   abs.jpg   oss.jpg   oss2.jpg  

amamdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:03 PM   #353

I can't remember the specific wire we tapped on Jsweezy's van but what I did was check all of the wires in the Digital Transmission Range Sensor to see if any of them grounded while in P or N. I think we tapped the OSS too. It's been a couple years since I did that and the wiring on the Cummins van is totally different than the 4R75E so I can't use that as an example.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2020, 05:46 PM   #354

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
I can't remember the specific wire we tapped on Jsweezy's van but what I did was check all of the wires in the Digital Transmission Range Sensor to see if any of them grounded while in P or N. I think we tapped the OSS too. It's been a couple years since I did that and the wiring on the Cummins van is totally different than the 4R75E so I can't use that as an example.
This will send me in the right direction. I will check with a multimeter on the Digital Transmission Range Sensor. I should be able to find it then.

I will use the OSS instead of the WSS/ABS. The OSS will spin faster in low range I suspect.

Thank you MG!

If anyone else has advice, please chime in.
amamdani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-2020, 07:52 PM   #355

Another MG hits the road

Greetings from Hernando MS
Attached Thumbnails
2009 e350 mg kit.jpg   2009 e350 mg kit 2.jpg   2009 e350 mg kit 3.jpg  
motovan85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:19 PM   #356

That's beautiful! Great work.

Has anyone used Sumo Springs in place of bump stops? I'm honestly considering selling the ford hardware I bought and making the plunge.

Did you use the F350 ones or the E350 ones? It seems like they'd be a good application for a 7.3L van with a heavy front end and engine.
Old 10-07-2020, 10:49 PM   #357

Thanks , so far all is well and the van drives better than new! i had the stock e350 springs installed at first , it was hitting the diff at first with no bumpstops backing off a 4" slab onto dirt, so Mike O. told me to try the cc880s springs, i scrambled those and installed the bump stops with the extension and did a little more trimming of the crossmember, that seems to help but the factory bumps hit first like they should but are a little harsh . im gonna get a few more miles and see what it does MG sent a link for a alternate bump stop. https://www.amazon.com/SSF-111-47-Su.../dp/B07CZS18YP . I also went with a stryker duel stab with billstiens and agile tuned shocks. it rides sweet .
Old 10-07-2020, 11:02 PM   #358

Right on! Those sumos look like the ticket. Wonder if you still need bumpstop extensions... hrm...

What engine do you have? I have the CC880S springs on now -- but haven't set the van down on them fully yet!
Old 10-07-2020, 11:31 PM   #359

i have the 5.4
Old 10-07-2020, 11:33 PM   #360

Yeah so I got a bit more junk in the trunk!! How is the power with the 5.4 and the MG kit?

On a side note -- just pulled the trigger on some SumoSprings. They were on AmazonWarehouse for a deal I couldn't pass up.

I ended up with a pair intended for a Jeep XJ Rear -- part number: SSR-402-40. They are the same diameter and height as the F-Series set... 4" diameter and 5" tall but are rated at 1000# at 2.5" compression as opposed to 1500# at 2.5" compression.

I'm not too worried about it -- tons of 7.3L excursion and F-series owners on Amazon say they love the 1000# ones in their trucks and the ones sumosprings recommends for E-Series motorhomes are either 500# or 1000# @ half compression.

I think if it ends up too "light" and I end up slapping my pumpkin on the crossmember, I'll just make a spacer to lower them off the frame a bit.

The mounting bracket is a bit different -- but given we have to drill the frame for the bump stops anyways, that wasn't going to scare me away at this price!!!
Attached Thumbnails
Capture.jpg