Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-26-2015, 09:33 AM   #31

Re: Not Happy with Advanced 4X4

Okay...here's my 2 cents or more. Up until a couple of days ago I was very happy with Advanced. Great 4x4 in tough stuff here in Utah. I was attempting to purchase some parts from UJOR and the process needed some measurements and a photo or 2. I found out that the lift I purchased was not the one I received. A bit shy by standards...maybe more than a bit. Unhappy is not the way I would describe the email I sent Randy. Of course he'll "fix" it without any cost to me...we need to do it without "hoopla" as he says??? I'm still so mad about the 17K I spent that I haven't decided whether to let him work on my van again or just go to court and get a refund on the additional money I gave him to add the extra 2". Just a word of caution...I'm close to the shop and can walk there. If I had it to do over...I'd choose UJOR and contract it out. My opinion and I'm in my 60's...still got took!

lonepeak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 11:34 AM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
Bring it to NC
This^^^. Flatbed the sucker out there and rest assured that it get's done right.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 01:28 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
Bring it to NC
This^^^. Flatbed the sucker out there and rest assured that it get's done right.
Should have done it to start. No problems with the 4X4...just the lift. Barry
Old 02-26-2015, 04:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kenyi
How satisfied are you whit Quadvan what set up did you go for. I'm planing to convert my van to 4x4 and would like as much info as possible.
I'm not maxacceleration, and I also can't speak to any of the 4WD tech, but I did have some work done at Quadvan this year. I have a 2WD E-350, and John and his assistant at Quadvan put on a 2014 front end for me (I wanted the improved brakes, but got an entire 2014 take-off so got other stuff that came along). I can't speak highly enough of John and his shop. He is pleasant, knowledgeable, and happy to discuss things. The work was impeccable.

To top it off, there was a slight problem after I left (which had entirely to do with the new rear anti-sway bar I had selected -- not his installation work at all). You know how sometimes with a shop you get the ol' "Well you're the first customer to complain" line (that indicates you should go away and not bother them again)? Not Quadvan. He said "Bring 'er on in and we'll make sure you're happy," and then proceeded to make various switches/combinations of front/rear new/old bars until things were good. No exasperation; no feeling that I was being too picky. I wish I could have all my work done there!

As I said, I can't speak to the specifics of the 4WD aspect of it, since I have a 2WD and am not in the market (currently ) for 4WD. On the other hand, I had a great experience at Quadvan with the quality of their work and attitude.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 06:14 PM   #35

Let him make it right becuse it will be much quicker and cheaper that using an attorney! No one really wins when you bring an attorney into the mix.
Old 02-26-2015, 07:43 PM   #36

Having my attorney handle this matter is small stuff. I'm most pissed that I let myself get taken when I should have known better. i only mention this because I was told things don't change if I remain silent. BTW my lawyer goes on my trips...I don't pay for legal hassles. That's a good option for me. Barry.
Old 03-01-2015, 02:45 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by lonepeak
Okay...here's my 2 cents or more. Up until a couple of days ago I was very happy with Advanced. Great 4x4 in tough stuff here in Utah. I was attempting to purchase some parts from UJOR and the process needed some measurements and a photo or 2. I found out that the lift I purchased was not the one I received. A bit shy by standards...maybe more than a bit. Unhappy is not the way I would describe the email I sent Randy. Of course he'll "fix" it without any cost to me...we need to do it without "hoopla" as he says??? I'm still so mad about the 17K I spent that I haven't decided whether to let him work on my van again or just go to court and get a refund on the additional money I gave him to add the extra 2". Just a word of caution...I'm close to the shop and can walk there. If I had it to do over...I'd choose UJOR and contract it out. My opinion and I'm in my 60's...still got took!

Good luck. I also didn't get what I was supposed to. Paperwork said Dana 60
I wound up with a Dana 44. When I mentioned it Randy said I didn't need a
Dana 60, the 44 was good enough. After my van broke down 3 times in the
span of less tha a year I had enough and took it to Salem Kroger and had them
install a new front end. Took the douche to court. First court date I was working
in Jackson hole. Drove to SLC and Randy no showed in court. I won by default.
Somehow he cried to the court and got a second date. Drove there from Boise
where I live and went to court again. Judge ruled in my favour for 5 grand. Randy
files for bankruptcy. He doesn't go through with it so I get a third court date. I
drive there again. I win again, Judge awards me 1000 bucks. A couple months
later Randy calls and says he'll give me a grand for the axle that broke down on
me three times. I sell it to him and I'm sure he stuck it in someone elses van.
I know some members here get sick of me bringing the shit up but I will never
stop. The only thing I left in my van from his conversion is my gas tank and I hope
to get one from Ujoint sometime this summer. I have the Ujoint transmission
cross member and I now have the NV 271 transfercase and 4x4 tailshaft. My
transfercase is where it belongs right behind the transmission, not hanging
back 10 inches further than it should be. Just don't know how this ass is
still in business.
BMWBILO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:33 PM   #38

It seems some folks had a good experience with Advanced, and others not so much. My Advanced conversion works fine now, but some of the workmanship was unbelievable. If I were looking for someone to build a van,I would read as much as possible about every vendor and make my decision based in part on other peoples experiences. One or two good experiences are completely wiped out by one bad one though (unless the vendor stood behind the work and fixed it in a timely fashion). Once several people express similar concerns about the quality of the work they paid for it would be enough to scare me away. I think people would much rather write about the great engineering and service they got than something bad, folks don't make this stuff up. Now, think hard, have you ever heard anything bad about Chris's or Ramsey's conversions? I haven't but even if there were problems, I have no doubt they were taken care of quickly and professionally. That's where my money would go, not someone who gets totally mixed reviews. It would seem the chances of getting a good job are about the same as getting a bad one. Why take chances?
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:43 PM   #39

If a vendor had put an D44 instead of the agreed upon D60 on my van and then told me to chill, that I should be happy with the 44 I would be some kinda pissed.
JoeH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2015, 05:48 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeH
If a vendor had put an D44 instead of the agreed upon D60 on my van and then told me to chill, that I should be happy with the 44 I would be some kinda pissed.
Ya think??
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote