Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-13-2023, 09:02 PM   #21

Have you asked EMF their opinion on the matter? They'll have the most authority on the subject. They might have a recommendation to make the process easier too.

If not, I would buy new ball joints and sell the "old" ones in the old knuckles. You might not come out even, but it eliminates the risk of messing something up and needing to buy all new ball joints anyway.

The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2023, 09:24 PM   #22

Selling the knuckles and balljoints together isnt really an option realistically. They are so heavy that shipping them would be costly to the point a buyer would never be willing to purchase them. I mean i cant just give them away so a buyer doesnt get scared off by shipping costs.

Thats why i ordered the RIED knuckles from Eastcoastgear, because i got free shipping on items over $500. Each knuckle was $599 and each one shipped in its own box.

I will try using them and if it doesnt work out i will call EMF and try to order the balljoint housings and swap out the guts like Boywonder suggested.

If i cant get the housings then i will just gut the balljoints for spare rebuild parts and order a new set.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 04:08 PM   #23

Thought i would give an update.. I pressed out the EMF ball joints from the old ford knuckles and then pressed them into the brand new REID knuckles, they pressed in every bit as tight as they did when i installed them in the used ford knuckles. Started at 0800 hours this morning and finished up at 1530 hours.

Guess im getting to old, entire body is hurting now so looks like im early to bed tonight.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 08:57 PM   #24

Thanks for the update and good rest!
E-350 is offline   Reply With Quote