Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-24-2023, 04:15 PM   #1
KSB

Sprinter 2018 Master 12 V switch

Sorry if the answer is already on this forum somewhere.

But in my manual it states the master 12V switch shut off switch is under the bench seat, however I do not see it, or anything that looks like the photo in the manual. But the manual also says it could be located somewhere else.

Does anyone know where I might find this switch? I ask because I stored my van for the winter and when I came back the engine compartment 12v Battery (Aux) was dead.

Additionally, does anyone know what fuse I can remove so the van will not start as a poor mans anti theft mechanism?

Thank you,

KB

KSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2023, 11:41 PM   #2

Who did the build? If Sportsmobile, which location?
Old 04-29-2023, 01:11 PM   #3

On my RV, there is a main battery disconnect under the couch that isolates the battery from all the RV wiring. It looks something like this amazon switch below. There is also a 12V shut off toggle switch on a front panel that shuts off 12V power to all the appliances, lights, etc.. I never use the main couch disconnect / isolator because I leave the charger & maintainer connected to the batteries when not in use.

https://www.amazon.com/Disconnect-Ve...54685735&psc=1
jrobe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2023, 10:34 PM   #4

My 2018 Sprinter Sportsmobile was built out by Sportsmobile North and I don’t have a battery disconnect switch near the battery as indicated in the manual either.

I do have one of the switches near the batteries, but it is between the inverter and the battery and only disconnects DC power to the inverter. My 12 volt system disconnect switch is actually a small toggle switch located on the side of my power cupboard over my galley. My fuse/breaker box is also located here.
grinnelljd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 12:44 PM   #5

I suppose it matters what the buildout layout looks like. Our 2012 Sportsmobile North build's isolator switch is on the kick panel below the bench seat underneath which the batteries and inverter live.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4140d.jpg  
tomw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2023, 02:31 PM   #6

Texas didn’t install a master cut-off switch in our 2016 Sprinter, I went back and added one.
Old 04-30-2023, 08:41 PM   #7

I had a 2010 E350 SMB and now have a 2017 Transit SMB both built in Fresno. Neither came with a master battery disconnect switch even though the manual showed one. Fresno told me the manual was written in Texas and SMB West does not provide a switch. I had a local shop install a switch. Without it the house battery runs down in storage.
johnolden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2023, 06:09 PM   #8
KSB

Sorry, yes Sportsmobile West did the full conversion on my 2018. I dont see the "amazon" type switch seen in my manual. only one for the aux 12v system which is located in the front of the bench seat.
KSB is offline   Reply With Quote