Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-10-2021, 10:57 AM   #1

E250/350 pics with dirtbike in back

Trying to decide if I want the regular length or extended e250/e350 (there’s only 2 lengths correct?).

Anyone have pics of a dirtbike in the back? Particularly pic of the room left in front of a dirtbike.

Any advice on how driving/parking the extended is as a daily driver? Considering regular length just for ease of daily driving it. Would love to see how much room is in front of a dirtbike in a regular length.

I drive a Nissan Titan now as a daily driver. Not sure how much longer the extended e250/350 is.

Brawwp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 12:26 PM   #2

There are only two lengths. I opted for the shorter one because, places I take this thing, that extra length behind the rear wheels would just have me hung up more than I get now.

Plenty of room for my Yamaha in my van. Here's a couple shots:
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010744eprsportsmobile.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	287.4 KB
ID:	39214

Click image for larger version

Name:	P1010746eprsportsmobile.jpg
Views:	20
Size:	126.7 KB
ID:	39215
Old 04-11-2021, 12:57 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by deserteagle56 View Post
There are only two lengths. I opted for the shorter one because, places I take this thing, that extra length behind the rear wheels would just have me hung up more than I get now.

Plenty of room for my Yamaha in my van. Here's a couple shots:
Attachment 39214

Attachment 39215
Oh sweet, that’s not bad at all!
Old 04-11-2021, 02:01 PM   #4

I bought my extended body van primarily for hauling motorcycles and have no regrets. It really depends if you want to have more than 2 people or not? I have 4 bucket seats and haul 3 fullsize dirtbikes inside and it all fits comfortably. The extra 20" of interior room is nice when camping too. The wheelbase of the regular body and extended are exactly the same (the EB just has a longer tail/flatter departure angle) so driveability is no different until you have to parrallel park in a tight space... they're both huge either way, might as well have the added benefit of 20" more space. If you intend to take your van through above average difficulty 4x4 trails, the longer tail could become problematic, but outside of that specific use, I think I'd always prefer the EB. I have a few other friends that only needed the front seats yet still opted for extended bodies for their moto vans so they could have room to haul all their race day gear, and be able to comfortably sleep in the back without having to unload.

I gave up trying to post pictures a few years ago, but there's a pic with my 690 behind a 2nd row bench (taken before I'd installed 2nd row buckets and Boltiton bike rack) in the 2nd post of this thread: https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ons-14879.html
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2021, 02:13 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterJ View Post
I bought my extended body van primarily for hauling motorcycles and have no regrets. It really depends if you want to have more than 2 people or not? I have 4 bucket seats and haul 3 fullsize dirtbikes inside and it all fits comfortably. The extra 20" of interior room is nice when camping too. The wheelbase of the regular body and extended are exactly the same (the EB just has a longer tail/flatter departure angle) so driveability is no different until you have to parrallel park in a tight space... they're both huge either way, might as well have the added benefit of 20" more space. If you intend to take your van through above average difficulty 4x4 trails, the longer tail could become problematic, but outside of that specific use, I think I'd always prefer the EB. I have a few other friends that only needed the front seats yet still opted for extended bodies for their moto vans so they could have room to haul all their race day gear, and be able to comfortably sleep in the back without having to unload.

I gave up trying to post pictures a few years ago, but there's a pic with my 690 behind a 2nd row bench (taken before I'd installed 2nd row buckets and Boltiton bike rack) in the 2nd post of this thread: https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ons-14879.html
Van looks good! What lift and tires do you have?
Old 04-11-2021, 09:34 PM   #6

I have an extended 7.3 window van. I keep the first factory bench seat in place and can still fit 3 full size 450 motocross bikes and all the gear needed in the back.
On one trip to So cal for a big race we fit 5 bikes and gear, and 5 racers in the big bus. The 7.3 never even downshifted once from Denver to LA .
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2021, 12:13 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brawwp View Post
Van looks good! What lift and tires do you have?
I have Camburg's "Baja Performance" bent beam kit with Fox 2.0" reservoir shocks in the front that were revalved by Agile Offroad, and Fox IFP's from Agile along with my own mix & matched leaf packs in the back. (I'd go with Weldtec if I were to do it over again.) Tires in that picture were 285/75/17 (34x11.5) Nitto Trail Grapplers, now it's on 315/70/17 (35x12.5) Hankook Dynapro MT's.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:46 AM   #8

First time poster and newish owner of a 1996 E250 extended (bought it in November, but just got back from the first big trip in it). We bought the van to use as a dirt bike and mountain bike hauler/minimal camper. We have it set up to carry two dirt bikes in the back (with front wheels turned to the sides), and a full size mattress width-wise in front of the bikes. The mattress is 53" wide, I would say the available space is about 55".

Regarding ease of driving, my daily is a 2020 Tacoma and the van is only a foot or so longer than my truck. It's as easy to drive and park as any truck. The main difficulty for me is not being able to see what's directly behind me when backing up, as anything below the rear door windows is blocked. A backup camera will remedy that.

Photos:

kbgav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 11:13 PM   #9

Not exactly Dirt Bikes but similar in size. Etrack across the front for tie down points.
Attached Thumbnails
IMAG1106.jpg   IMAG1105.jpg  
Eric D is offline   Reply With Quote