Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2010, 08:21 PM   #21

Re: Ford 2wd lift kit?

Quote:
Originally Posted by LeadDoggy
Quote:
Originally Posted by bsdctx
Quote:
You got Advance Trac RSC?
I read a post of your on another forum regarding your problems with lifting your van and the Advance Trac RSC. What solution did you come up with? Would you recommend finding a van without the A T RSC?
Presently looking for another drop pitnam arm which has the right lenght. Also thinking about modifying the steering wheel sensor activating device. There is a round unit with holes on the steering shaft that the sensor reads. I believe that it counts the hole when you turn the wheel. Thinking I need to cover a hole or two.

At this time, being that I have not yet found a solution, I would not over look a van with Advance Trac RSC.
Do I understand correctly that your van works fine now with the RSC turned off and that the modifications you are talking about are just to get the van to work with the RSC on?

bsdctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2010, 08:33 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
Consider a partial 4x4 conversion before pulling the trigger on a 2wd lift. For about the same cost, you can have a front axle under the van, and complete the rest of the swap later. (t-case/etc)

I thought about that too. The best price I could find for a conversion around here is about $10k, which is over triple the cost.

I figure by the time I can afford a full 4 wheel drive conversion, that I might as well just get a whole new SMB and have everything done in one shot. Thanks for the info though!
Old 03-11-2010, 06:30 AM   #23

That sounds like a complete 4x4 swap for 10K.
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:30 AM   #24

Quote:
Do I understand correctly that your van works fine now with the RSC turned off and that the modifications you are talking about are just to get the van to work with the RSC on?
On a 2007 E350 passenger van, the override button only works up to 20mph. As long as I stay under 20, making turns is not a problem. Interstate ramps are the biggest problem.
LeadDoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 08:02 AM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by UJOINT
That sounds like a complete 4x4 swap for 10K.
Oh ok. I understand now, hmmm maybe something to look into? Thanks, that's a great idea!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 03-11-2010, 08:32 AM   #26

Quote:
Quote:
On a 2007 E350 passenger van, the override button only works up to 20mph. As long as I stay under 20, making turns is not a problem. Interstate ramps are the biggest problem.
Wow. Sorry to hear. I bet that gets frustrating. I hope you find a reasonable solution soon.

I'm looking to put together a 2wd van. I'm considering a lift but it's not a must. I may just do a very mild modification with a slightly bigger rims and all-terrain tires. Do you think a mild modification of the rims/tires will upset the RCS system?

Thanks for the info!
bsdctx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2010, 07:43 PM   #27

A lot to think about here.......

Lead, when you did the AV lift, are you able to run the stock rims and tires? If I go this route, I will need to run the stockers for a while until I replenish my bank account.
Old 03-11-2010, 09:32 PM   #28

Mild wheel/tire changes won't affect the operation of the RSC system. With aggressive treads though (like mud terrains) I suspect it could mistake "tread-walk" for tire slip.
Old 03-24-2010, 09:04 AM   #29

Anybody have any idea what it would cost to have just a front axle installed? That's a pretty good idea. Get halfway to 4x4. It does seem like a waste to have a lifted 2wd van, at least up here in the NW.
jwirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2010, 09:20 PM   #30

Depending on the price of the axle and labor, the cost would be about the same to put a front axle under the front.

I have looked around and called my local 4x shop here (CA), and I estimate my cost to be around $3-$4k here. That is just the axle, no transfer case etc.........My only problem is that I cannot come to pull the trigger on the 4x4 setup since I do not want the harsh ride that I had in my 04' SD.

I need to get down to one of the meets and ask someone for a ride in one of their SMB's