Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-29-2024, 09:48 PM   #1

Rear barn door gasket replacement

Replaced two of the rear barn door gaskets on my 2002 E350 EB Super Duty with new ones today. They make a big difference in how much force it takes to close the doors. Hopefully this translates into how well they keep the dust out. Will know in a few weeks when I go on my next camping trip.

Passenger side door gasket Ford part number F3UZ-1543723-A
Drivers side door gasket Ford part number F3UZ-1543722-A

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2024, 10:47 PM   #2

I have done this too. Have to pretty much slam the doors hard now. Less water comes in when it rains hard though.
Old 03-30-2024, 07:50 AM   #3

Thanks for this Larrie - any chance for info on the parts supplier ? Thanks -
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2024, 10:14 PM   #4

Ford Parts Giant, http://fordpartsgiant.com/
Old 03-31-2024, 08:27 AM   #5

Thanks Larrie !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 11:14 AM   #6

It is my understanding that there were to different door gaskets used in that ventage van. I have a 03 Extended body E350.
There is a cargo van and a passenger van.
The passenger van used a more aggressive gasket to prevent outside air bring in dust, moisture ect.
The cargo van had a lesser gasket which is why we had so much dust when traveling off road.
I installed a second layer of defense by laying out another insulation strip inside the factory gasket. What a difference. Amazing reduction in dust intrusion.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE 2003 E350 7.3 4X4 Sportsmobile 320,000
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2024, 09:59 PM   #7

Interesting about the different gaskets for the different types of vans. Mine started life as a passenger van.
Old 04-06-2024, 08:57 AM   #8

High country Mike, you expound on how you added insulation?
Hickup is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2024, 11:43 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE View Post
It is my understanding that there were to different door gaskets used in that ventage van. I have a 03 Extended body E350.
There is a cargo van and a passenger van.
The passenger van used a more aggressive gasket to prevent outside air bring in dust, moisture ect.
The cargo van had a lesser gasket which is why we had so much dust when traveling off road.
I installed a second layer of defense by laying out another insulation strip inside the factory gasket. What a difference. Amazing reduction in dust intrusion.
HIGHCOUNTRYMIKE 2003 E350 7.3 4X4 Sportsmobile 320,000
Ford lists the same gasket part numbers for all vans 92-current regardless of engine size, chassis designation, or trim level.

More likely the rear doors on the cargo van get used more, so the gaskets are more crushed down from repeated use.

Gaskets are still available new OEM for not too many dollars.
Big_ern_101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 05:25 AM   #10
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Big_ern_101 View Post
Ford lists the same gasket part numbers for all vans 92-current regardless of engine size, chassis designation, or trim level.

Gaskets are still available new OEM for not too many dollars.
I was questioning whether more than one door gasket or seal existed, having owned 4 different E-Series ranging from 1997 to 2005. I've never found any different part numbers or descriptions for those parts. Possibly around 2003 the front door seals were slightly different but not so much side hinged or rear doors.

I have found Ford does have them still, each one running just under $100 and of OEM quality.

If anyone has different part numbers based upon the interior trim level it would be great to share them here!

One thing often over looked is the door shell-to-body adjustment, often times hinge use and wear can cause what appears to be a seal issue. Using some sort of silicone wet-type lubrication helps keep the seals pliable making their sealing action better. After some time though seals simply need replaced due age alone.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote