Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2023, 07:38 PM   #1

Rust stained glass.

Not sure anyone knows how, or if it is possible, but there are those metal tab things in the window track seal on my van that have left rust streaks down the drivers and passengers door windows.

I am just wondering if there is a trick other than replacing the glass to getting rid of these streaks and restoring the glass to like new shape.

dbhosttexas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2023, 08:15 PM   #2

Try a product called Bio Clean Glass cleaner. I have had very good luck w it. In fact, we liked it so much we used to sell it.

Paste it on and let it work for a few minutes. It has oxalic acid and a very, very fine pumice base. Works great on glass, shower doors, stainless sinks, etc. Does a good job removing hard water stains unless the glass has become etched.

If you have fixed windows, I have a set of tinted rears and maybe side barn doors that are in very good condition.
Old 10-22-2023, 08:19 AM   #3
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Once the offending discoloration is removed something like Rain-X or similar products can help keeping it off.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 04:57 PM   #4

Glass Top Range cleaner also works well. I had stains on the opening side windows from the bolts. The cleaner took them right off and made the glass look like new.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2023, 05:04 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Vermonster View Post
Glass Top Range cleaner also works well. I had stains on the opening side windows from the bolts. The cleaner took them right off and made the glass look like new.
That is worth trying. I need to get a fresh bottle of glass top range cleaner to clean my stove any way... So even if it fails no loss....
Old 12-01-2023, 09:33 PM   #6

So I finally got up off my tailbone and grabbed a bottle of glass top stove cleaner, again I needed it for my stove anyway so no big loss if it doesn't work. Well I went out between rain bursts today, dried the glass, applied the cleaner and spent about 5 minutes giving my window a massage before wiping the excess clear and polishing off the haze. In that brief amount of time I got about 90% of the rust streaks off of the glass. I am going to spend some quality time with it tomorrow if the rain stops and see how far I can get...