Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2022, 08:02 AM   #11

I think the other switch on the thermostat is for fan control, which I expect is not hooked up. In any event, starting the Starcool in engine running mode and shorepower mode start off the same. Turn the switch on low, med, and high this should turn on the front condenser fan. With the factory AC on, the unit will be running in combined mode.

At that point if the engine is not running, the thermostat should be enabled. It is normally locked out while the van is running. If the conditions of the thermostat are met, this will enable the compressor, solenoid valve, and also enable the auxiliary condenser blower.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 11:53 AM   #12

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
I think the other switch on the thermostat is for fan control, which I expect is not hooked up. In any event, starting the Starcool in engine running mode and shorepower mode start off the same. Turn the switch on low, med, and high this should turn on the front condenser fan. With the factory AC on, the unit will be running in combined mode.

At that point if the engine is not running, the thermostat should be enabled. It is normally locked out while the van is running. If the conditions of the thermostat are met, this will enable the compressor, solenoid valve, and also enable the auxiliary condenser blower.

-greg
Thank you Greg. The Starcool does run when the engine is running and puts out very cold air - enough to give me an ice cream headache if it's blowing on me while I'm driving. The front condenser fan does start running when the engine is off. That brings me to the thermostat, but that works when using the furnace and I can hear it click on/off when I move the slider.

I'm going to play around with it some more.
Old 08-31-2022, 01:23 PM   #13

So the furnace will be a totally different circuit. You can always check the voltage on the starcool relay panel. The input to the thermostat is terminal 4, the output of the thermostat is terminal 3. I have attached a Starcool Flowchart.

-greg
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Starcool Flowchart.pdf (735.8 KB, 4 views)
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 03:14 PM   #14

Garage
"So the furnace will be a totally different circuit."

Ooh, good point. I hadn't thought of that. Thanks for the wiring diagram.

TG