Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2023, 02:51 PM   #1

2003 7.3 Chateau Quigley

Hey guys. I have never seen this spec van forsale before and curious on what it would be worth. Its a Unicorn... but definitely for a specific person. Last Year 7.3 Chateau package ordered brand new from a dealership, got it off the original owner who kept it in his CA garage its whole life. Every single receipt of maintenance has been saved. 145k miles, not tuned or deleted or anything like that. Both Exterior and Interior near new condition. Don't want to sell but might as well ask. And if i can make a buck or two. Why not. I know its not a sports mobile but interested to hear opinions and maybe offers if anyone interested. Yes i just bought it. Yes id make money. No thats not a crime.

TravelingFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 04:41 PM   #2

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...28k-31543.html

Just sold (to you) for $28k.
clicker44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 04:56 PM   #3

I saw the attempt to flip already for $50k elsewhere. Kind of a shame when a rare gem doesn't get picked up by someone truly hunting to use but that's the game.

For what it is I think $28k was fair and continues to be. Adventure vehicle market ground to a halt and I don't see the 7.3 generating the demand it was during the couple years of crazy market prices.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:26 PM   #4

If u read my post it was because some one posted a POS for $48k and i said id sell mine for 50. Im most likely not going to sell but if i did whats wrong with that.. im not allowed to make a dollar? I might be buying a V10 so no need to have two 4x4 vans. Ive been in this "game awhile. I see you just joined this forum this month...
TravelingFord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2023, 06:51 PM   #5

I don't get emotional about flipping cars. First come first served. If you are the lucky one they you are the lucky one. I've been on both ends many times.

I love Ford vans but it kind of cracks me up to think of one as a 'rare gem'. These are old domestic steel boxes built by the millions. The newest one available is built on a 35-40 year old design, hardly improved?

An expensive Sportsmobile is worth what the market brings because of what went in to it, not what it started as. Chateaus are rare but not rare enough to make much money off of in my view.

Post up some pics but if it's the same Chateau that was posted the other day I think it's closer to $28k than $50k.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:26 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravelingFord View Post
If u read my post it was because some one posted a POS for $48k and i said id sell mine for 50. Im most likely not going to sell but if i did whats wrong with that.. im not allowed to make a dollar? I might be buying a V10 so no need to have two 4x4 vans. Ive been in this "game awhile. I see you just joined this forum this month...
Go ahead and make your dollar. But you posted up soliciting value advice here thinking this community didn't see it sold for $28k asking a few days ago, and your post edits are making it clear you bought it to flip rather than get use out of it as an enthusiast before moving it on.

You're going to get a different set of potential buyers and level of respect here IMO as a flipper vs. being seen as a van enthusiast or community member who purchased to use and then move on. My join date is a year ago (we're in 2023 FYI) but the years of watching and hunting in "the game" has been trying to land a decent deal before a reseller or flipper gets a hold of it who are just looking to make a fast buck in what was recently a very hot market. Times have changed. I suggest craigslist where it wasn't posted (very long and there is no active record) to maximize your value potential or waiting a while since everyone here thinks it's worth what you just paid days ago.

@86scotty my criteria for calling something rare in this case is as simple as looking at how many quigley or other 4x4 converted vans are listed on the market at any given time vs. regular vans. They're rare. The gem part is that this 7.3 is in fact stupid clean, with every single service record available from the original single owner. But, I totally agree with you that any E series is and continues to be overvalued. Probably why I'm a chevy guy.
RVRoams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 12:35 PM   #7

Honestly $28-30k seems pretty reasonable to me. Ive seen a few similar Chateau models going for around $10k. Quigley told me it would be $17-20k for a 4x4 conversion and that seems in line with Ujoint. So that's in the $30k range for someone to take a van they love and add 4x4 to it, as opposed to buying your van.

Also realized that you need to compare your price to what else you can get for the money. North of $40k, and especially around $50k you're starting to compete with Newer Transits, or fully converted Sportsmobiles.
The_Vermonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2023, 07:16 PM   #8

Quigley doesn’t do conversions on used e-vans anymore, unfortunately. I wish they did as they are an hour from me and I’d love to have my 2011 done.

Anyways, if someone wants to flip, I don’t have a problem with it. Many of us have done it at some point with vehicles. I do agree that I don’t see a whole lot of profit to be made on this van at the purchase price, although it does look super clean!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2023, 08:35 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVRoams View Post

@86scotty my criteria for calling something rare in this case is as simple as looking at how many quigley or other 4x4 converted vans are listed on the market at any given time vs. regular vans. They're rare. The gem part is that this 7.3 is in fact stupid clean, with every single service record available from the original single owner. But, I totally agree with you that any E series is and continues to be overvalued. Probably why I'm a chevy guy.
Good points. I'm not trying to be disagreeable but I think they're mostly all overvalued, Chevys too, and especially the newer Sprinter based stuff.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote