2005 6.0 PSD EB50 Pop Top For Sale
2005 Ford E350 2wd with 6.0 PSD motor.
Sportsmobile EB 50 with tinted windows all around.
Tilt out windows on sliding door, behind drivers door, and on both rear doors.
Swivels on both front seats.
Electric Penthouse Pop Top with bed.
Custom gas struts added to pop top so that you can put up to 300 lbs on roof.
Storage trays to replace pop top bed for more storage.
2 forward facing sofas the fold flat to bed.
Sleeps 4, can seat up to 9 but 3 of them have to be pretty good friends and 2 of them need to be kids or really short (removable bench seat not shown).
100 watt solar panel on roof.
2 yr. old 4D 200ah battery underneath van.
Upgraded Xantrex battery charger.
Replacement stereo with CD, Bluetooth, USB etc. Really good speakers in front doors, pretty good speakers in rear doors.
New cabinet doors and replacement counter tops.
Updated LED lighting throughout, 4 reading lights with several USB plugs.
2.7 cubic ft. electric fridge.
16 gal. fresh water tank with recently replaced water pump.
Hotplate water heater.
Outside shower hook up.
Propane tank with replaced regulator.
Brand new never been pee’d in Porta Potty.
Extra large trunk storage area where the spare used to be.
Alluminess swing out racks on the back for the spare and the “back porch” rack.
Factory 2” tow hitch receiver for your bike rack (this vehicle has never been used to tow).
Large gear box for storage of windsurfing gear, surfboards, etc.
Board rack (fully adjustable) inside.
Yakima tracks on roof with tower receivers (missing towers but I have cross bars).
Thule cross bars mounted on roof.
Oversized exhaust from down pipe back.
Scangauge to monitor engine numbers and a pyrometer gauge.
Rancho shocks on all 4 corners.
New 265/75-16 Michelin Defenders on all 4 corners.
New rotors and brakes on all 4 corners.
Recent replacement of most all steering linkage.
Body and paint are in great shape especially considering the age of the vehicle.
You can insure this as a Sportsmobile EB50 so insurance is cheap.
Included with the above is thousands of great memories.
- The pop top was originally painted to match van with clear coat which started peeling at about 3 years. Sportsmobile recoated it with matching bed liner and they did a poor job. The bed liner has started to crack and flake in a few spots. The top is sound and does not leak it just looks bad.
- The clear coat on the paint on the hood is starting to get funky around the edges. It may have to do with the hood being plastic.
- I was scraped on the passenger side by another car so the passenger side has been repainted. The outside skin of the passenger door was replaced as well as the sliding door so no bondo. The paint job is very good. If you didn’t know you wouldn’t know.
- All of the rear seats/seatbelts are bolted through the floor with bolts and large washers. They would be safer is they had large metal backing plates. The van was sold to me as a 2 passenger (front seats) van. I will be selling this as a 2 passenger van.
- There are no rips or tears in the upholstery. I am missing a couple of buttons on the rear sofas and the drivers seat is pretty worn but no personal stains I promise.
- The arms on the pop top are slightly bent but cause no issues. The screens on the top are OK with only 1 tear. I have replaced the front screen. There is one small hole in the top fabric about 1/8” diameter.
Here’s the thing… the van has 467000 miles on it. I replaced the motor at 157000 miles, so the replacement motor has 310k on it.
The replacement motor was a Ford crate motor done by Galpin Ford (dealership). As a note, the replacement motor has all of the fixes on it from Ford and is a much better motor than the motor that it originally had. No issues at all. This van gets driven at least 3 times a week. It doesn’t sit for weeks on end (this is bad for motors, ask any mechanic that deals with fleet vehicles). If there appears to be and issue with anything I usually just replace it. I need this vehicle to be solid because we drive it everywhere.
Just about everything under the hood has been replaced at least once (Alternator, water pump, fan clutch, vacuum pump, radiator/thermostat, hoses, wiring harness, turbo, power steering pump, and a bunch of stuff I can’t remember. The van is mechanically solid. I would jump in it and drive it across country tomorrow if I need to. It has been serviced every 5k and has been using Archoil every oil change since the new motor. This new motor has rarely been over 3000 rpm and has never been over 3500 rpm. The water temperature has never been over 230 degrees.
I have not replaced the transmission or rear end. I wanted to but I was told by a guy much smarter than me that these will go forever if you just take care of them and service them properly.
I have papers on all work and most of the service.
Asking price is $24950.00
Thanks For Looking!