Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-10-2020, 02:31 PM   #1

2006 MB/Dodge Sprinter 85k miles $15K

2006 Dodge/MB Sprinter 84k miles

PHOTO LINK - FORUM ALBUM

OR GOOGLE PICS SHOULD HAVE IT ALSO

The history of this van is as a ’06 Sportsmobile conversion owned by a diesel marine mechanic in Ft. Meyers Florida (I live in the Miami area). We needed to haul stuff and hated the layout so I started a conversion project that never was completed. Plus, as I learned, I’m just not the best person to do this kind of project.

It has a decent working inverter with two newer (3 months?) Duracell deep cycle batteries), 12v roof vent, hitch, rear ladder, a 120v Hot water heater (new never used) and 12v Norcold refer. It has the built in diesel heater that runs off the main tank. No generator. The sink works and has a 2nd sink in the shower area along with a shower and toilet that is connected into the original Sportmobile black water tank.

I make no claims about the operability of the listed items because I really don’t use them - but you should figure they WILL need some tweaking. I can say the sink, inverter and the refrigerator work because I use them more frequently. I used the diesel heater once, but, in Florida it’s pretty rare that it’s needed ;-)

I tried to show the good, the bad and the ugly. If you’re familiar with the inline 5 MB diesel you know these can run for 600k miles at fantastic MPG’s. The tires, brakes and batteries are less than 6 months old. It does need a new headlight and, as you should be able to tell from the photos, it’s beginning to show signs of body rust.

Mechanically I would not hesitate to get in this thing and drive from Miami to Alaska… In addition to doing your buildout, figure the body work is going to need to be gone over due to rust and it could use a nicer paint job. It’s a great starting platform with some of the higher $ items included.

35-gallon freshwater tank.
THERFORD Permanent RV Toilet
SHURflo Water Pump
TRIPPLITE RV1250ULHW (surge to 2500) Inverter with remote switch
FRONT hitch included (still in box)
CLEAN Title

85,000 miles on original turbodiesel engine, 22-24 mpg. This vehicle has never been involved in an accident.

Seems like the price of these are all over the map… I may be high or low…

Price: $15,000 OBO

https://photos.app.goo.gl/4qGF7Amxq411j3g88

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...lbums1416.html

JoeKeys is offline   Reply With Quote