Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-24-2016, 04:36 PM   #11

Garage
I have a couple in mind but if this van doesn't sell then I won't be getting anything, so I'm not getting my hopes up just yet.

Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2017, 05:26 AM   #12

Garage
Price Increase (doesn't happen often right?!). I'm now asking 26,500.

I added a brand new CR Laurence rear passenger side window to the van -

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Old 01-02-2017, 09:24 PM   #13

Nice van, I see it looks like it was initially a cargo, how did you install the bench seat? Factory, self...etc

Thanks
taverre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2017, 09:32 PM   #14

Garage
Thanks, yep initially a cargo van and the bench seat was installed by van specialties here in portland before I purchased it. I have moved it back further because where it was when I bought it was too close to the front seats and wouldn't have made sense when you swiveled the front passenger seat. It has 3 lap belts for seat belts.

Old 01-02-2017, 09:34 PM   #15

Garage
Hey everyone, I went ahead and put the van on Ebay. Heres the link if anyone here is interested - 2008 Ford E-Series Van XLT | eBay

Old 01-03-2017, 08:47 AM   #16

Wow, your 'viewed per hour' and watchers are strong my friend. I always like to gauge interest by looking at the counter too but I don't see it. Do you still have the option of displaying it or not on Ebay? Just curious.

GLWS

I'll miss the dawg, maybe someone here will buy it but if they were going to they probably would've by now.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2017, 10:00 AM   #17

Garage
1067 views, 26 watchers...

Ya I doubt anyone on here is going to buy it. Hell you all have probably seen so much of it that you feel like you own it too!

I think there are 2 things out of my control hurting this sale and really shouldn't be. The first one is the mileage, people want 80k or less, even though this van is a 2 owner vehicle that has been maintained as best as anyone could it's still high mileage and that scares people, except Carringb ha ha. The other thing is my build thread. I think people would rather go into a rig like this with a blindfold on and is the same reason that Javier's vans sell (along with all of the accessories they toss on them without addressing the real issues on the van). Personally if I saw a van like mine with a build thread and saw that the individual detailed everything they did and that they did it to the best of their abilities. That would make me more apt to buy it vs someone that loves their rig, slaps a bunch of accessories on and then sells it for 2x the price. I'm not upset by these two things, it is what it is just funny how it all works.

I'll miss it too (if it sells) but this van has taught me so much it's incredible. Along with help from everyone on this forum. Don't worry, if this van does sell it will be replaced with another van with more of an interior so my family will be happy. And if it doesn't sell then I'll continue to work to make it work for my family.

Old 01-03-2017, 10:32 AM   #18

Your ebay description is kind of sparse. I would go into more detail about the suspension and what you did to correct all of it. I feel like MG's name is well respected on here and ExPo, but to the average person just getting into 4x4 vans, it probably means nothing to them.

Whenever I look at CL ads or ebay ads and the description is short, I don't think much of it. But when the ad has a good description like the seller knows what has been done and can explain it, it piques my interest. Just my thoughts.
Old 01-03-2017, 10:51 AM   #19

Garage
Mikracer - Got it and thank you for your input, I appreciate it. I guess I forgot that not everyone knows about van suspension stuff like the individuals on here do. I'll go more detailed as soon as I get back to a laptop, doesn't seem like it would be much fun on my cell phone.

Old 01-03-2017, 12:34 PM   #20

Some other useful details that may help in the ad IMO:

-Can you measure suspension travel? The articulation number (lift a corner as high as you can and keep the other tires grounded) seems to be what most potential buyers look for, and is the only figure SMB advertises on their system.

-Turning circle. The MG setup should turn much sharper than leaf setups.

Pics of the driveline / CV upgrades might me welcomed by some shoppers.