Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-27-2023, 04:21 AM   #1

FOR SALE: 2000 E150 GTRV 66k Miles - Florida (possible Colorado)

2000 GTRV Pop-Top E150 4.6L 66k Miles

$28k located St Petersburg FL, possible delivery to Colorado Springs area.
GTRVs are pop-top van conversions with a very low top profile, same height as a stock Ford van (solar panels raise this 2-inches).

SHORT VERSION (detailed version below).
Pop-top camper van with queen-sized bed has been upgraded for extended off-grid traveling. Our "Magic Carpet" for National/State Parks & Forests, DIspersed Camping/BLM, Baja MX, Roadtripping, etc.
  • 16 mpg gas mileage, non-smoker van. Stored mostly covered.
  • Self-contained with furnace, fridge, porta-potti, hot water, outdoor shower, sink w/10-gal water and grey waterl holding tank.
  • Solar and lithium batteries with 1-burner induction cooktop
  • Two awnings – side and back. Pop-top is in good condition.
  • Ford V-8 powertrain serviced and in ready-to-go condition.
  • New Michelin tires and rear Bilstein shocks
  • Many upgrades to the base GTRV build (which was very good to start with)

Selling because we will not be using it for 2-3 years and it’s time for a new owner. Currently located in St Petersburg Florida, but can deliver to Colorado Springs if needed.

LONG VERSION WITH DETAILS.
Off-grid setup with 330W solar and 220 Amp Hours LiFePO4 Batteries. We love this van but we will be unable to use it for the next 2-3 years so it’s time for it to find a new home. This van is ready to go. Currently near St Petersburg FL, but can deliver to Colorado Springs area.

Long-term gas mileage is 16 mpg. Have owned this van for 2-1/2 years and made some decent upgrades to make this an off-grid camper:

House Electrical System Upgrades for off-grid travel
  • 330-watts solar panels (add approx 2-inches to overall height of van)
  • Two 100AH LiFePO4 Batteries (LION Energy)
  • 1500-watt inverter
  • Victron SmartShunt for power management
  • Renogy MPPT/Alternator dual 50-amp DC-DC charger
  • Replaced Power Center/Charger with LiFePO4 capable with additional DC circuits
  • Relocated old GTRV circuit breakers near batteries to circuits on new PD4500 Power Center
  • Replaced isolation solenoid and circuit breaker
  • Converted heavy/bulky 30-amp shore power cord to standard 20-amp (there is no need for a 30-amp shore power cord on an RV of this size).

Upgrades to GTRV base-build
  • Two awnings - 8-foot SmittyBuilt Side Awning and 4-foot ARB awning off back.
  • Tilt-out rear-windows (great for warm-weather camping)
  • Induction cook top (can run off LiFePO4 batteries)
  • Additional 120VAC outlets
  • Added Bluetooth outlets
  • Slide out rear storage bin with space for Blackstone Griddle (or small BBQ)
  • Added shelving in hanging closet
  • Reconfigured beneath bench seat to improve storage capacity
  • Propane Quick disconnect for BBQ/Blackstone
  • Added ventilation fans for Refrigerator to make more efficient
  • HeatShield interior reflector screens
  • SkeeterBeater mosquito screens for driver/passenger windows
  • Custom drop-shelf instead of overhead bed platform to improve standing height and storage for chairs, bedding, etc.

GTRV Base Build and Options:
  • Pop-top (no tears)
  • Pressure Water (10-gals?)
  • NovaKool 2.0cf fridge with freezer compartment
  • Grey water holding tank (5-gals?)
  • Water Heater (120VAC or 12VDC point-of-presence beneath sink)
  • Propane furnace (thermostat recently replaced)
  • Panasonic 5000 Btu Air Conditioner (120VAC – shore power or off inverter for short periods).
  • Outdoor shower in back door (cold water)
  • Porta-Potti storage
  • Microwave (runs off inverter).
  • Reese Class III Trailer Hitch with 4-pin electrical connector

Ford Van – Recent Maintenance
  • New tires all around (Michelin XTs from Costco approx. 5k miles old). Aligned, wheel bearings packed; and ball-joints
  • New A/C compressor
  • New Alternator
  • New Rear Bilstein Shocks

Disclosures
  • Gas struts for top need replacement
  • Headliner sags
  • Auto-door lock for drivers door doesn’t work
  • Bench seat seat belts partially removed.
  • Body is straight. Only exceptions are a slightly deformed plastic strip on front bumper, and a depression in the underbody sheet metal from an auto-shop improperly placing chocks when vehicle was lifted
Changes to GTRV Stock Items

The following items are at our cabin in Colorado and are available if desired. If Colorado is a preferable location for the buyer, van can be delivered to the Colorado Springs area and the items can be re-installed:
  • Overhead bed platform. We don’t have kids; it reduced standing room, restricted ventilation, and it was poor storage. So we removed the overhead bed and installed a shelf to stow chairs. This shelf also has screw-on legs so can be used as a table.
  • Propane stove. Two-burner Suburban. Worked fine, but we prefer an single-burner induction hot plate that can be moved outside for cooking.
  • GTRV Table and post. This was bulky and not very stable so we prefer to use an X-table folding table.
  • Drawers for under bench seat. We felt they were a very inefficient use of storage space. Something that worked better at an RV show than in real life. We converted the space to use storage bins.
  • Shelves in fridge. A popular ‘hack’ on GTRV Forum is to remove the wire shelving and use vertical storage bins. We found this to be a much more efficient use of space.

Click image for larger version

Name:	01 Mexico 1.jpg
Views:	23
Size:	198.5 KB
ID:	47549

Name:	09 Colorado.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	184.5 KB
ID:	47550

Name:	02 Inside.jpg
Views:	22
Size:	164.8 KB
ID:	47551

Name:	05 Pull-out storage.jpg
Views:	26
Size:	125.5 KB
ID:	47552

Name:	07 Breakfast.jpg
Views:	17
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	47553

Weebles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2023, 05:51 PM   #2

Now $27k

Price lowered to $27K. This van has many recent upgrades (recent Michelin tires, Solar, Induction Cooktop) and has documented maintenance records. It's ready to go. 66k miles. PM with any questions. Can deliver to Colorado Springs area.

List of recent work and upgrades:
  • 330W solar panels
  • 220AH of Lithium batteries (replacement cost: $1400)
  • 1500W inverter
  • Upgraded Power Converter to be compatible with Lithium batteries for charging
  • *Replaced gas stove with induction stove (1-burner)
  • Added shelves to hanging closet for improved storage
  • HeatShield reflective panels for front windshield and driver/passenger doors (much nicer than the heavy fabric curtain)
  • SkeeterBeater insect netting for front driver/passenger windows; and side door netting
  • 8-foot awning on side (SmittyBilt)
  • ARB 4-foot awning on back (ARB)
  • Slide-out storage bin in back with space for 17-inch Blackstone griddle
  • Quick disconnect propane fittings to make using a Weber BBQ or Blackstone easy off existing propane system
  • *Replaced top bunk with a custom shelf to carry chairs and a screen-room tent. This also allows greater ventilation and standing headroom.
  • *Reconfigured under-bench storage to increase storage volume
  • Added 120VAC outlet next to fridge; and USB outlet behind fridge.
  • Very good mechanical condition. Bilstein rear shocks, new Michelin XT tires in last 5k miles, new A/C compressor, front end tune-up (ball-joints, tie-rods, wheel bearings), brakes replaced.
Old 07-12-2023, 05:05 PM   #3

PDF Brochure Attached - GTRV Florida/Colorado $27K

I've had a couple out-of-state inquiries and assembled a PDF document providing more pictures and description. Of course, if there are any questions, please feel free to PM me.

Peter

2000 GTRV E150 For Sale Florida or Colorado (JUL 12 2023).pdf
Old 07-12-2023, 10:24 PM   #4

Nicely done for sale ad... GLWS
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2023, 03:56 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigriver View Post
Nicely done for sale ad... GLWS
Thanks - I bought the van in Portland OR a couple years ago (I live in Florida). The owner, an older couple who struggled getting pictures, were not very accurate in their description. Nothing untoward, just not fully conversant in technology and dialogue of selling to someone who is not local. I've tried to be as complete as possible which is my nature anyway, but since there's a decent chance someone will buy from afar as I did, I want them to be thrilled with their purchase.

I owned a 1982 Sportsmobile on a Chevy 10 chassis. SMB has morphed from something similar to a Westy into more overlander style, at least this forum has. I always loved my 1974 VW Westy (Orange), just didn't care for the air-cooled VW platform. The GTRV is a good update for me. Honestly, the Gaucho sofa layout of most SMBs was a bit odd for me.

Peter
Old 07-18-2023, 05:30 PM   #6

SALE PENDING -

Peter