Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2021, 09:46 PM   #1

Penthouse top tent canvas EB

I’m getting ready to install a penthouse top on my van that I removed from a 2006 EB Sportsmobile. The tent isn’t in bad shape by any means, one of the screens has a small hole but overall, after a good cleaning it is still a great tent. Not sure if it’s something anyone on here would need but figured I’d give it a shot in case someone had a large hole in their tent. PM if interested! Tent Canvas only. Located in Los Angeles.

Thanks!
Tj

tjgaskill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 06:03 PM   #2

I'm confused. Are you offering to sell a tent canvas?
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 08:46 PM   #3

Or the whole pop top with a tent that has a small tear bc you sourced another “penthouse” top? If it’s the whole top with a tent with a tear let me know. Local.
Michael_l is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 10:39 PM   #4

Sorry that the explanation was confusing— I bought a new Canvas from Sportsmobile and the old one is up for sale. I have removed it and am in the process if installing the new Canvas... the top is not for sale. Canvas only.
Old 07-10-2021, 07:00 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgaskill View Post
Sorry that the explanation was confusing— I bought a new Canvas from Sportsmobile and the old one is up for sale. I have removed it and am in the process if installing the new Canvas... the top is not for sale. Canvas only.
Cool, that's what I was thinking you meant but wanted to clear it up for myself and others. I think that will probably sell quickly, especially if you can post up a pic or two of any damage.

Last one I bought new from Nancy (SMB North) was around $700ish. Have they gone up?
Old 07-13-2021, 11:31 PM   #6

They are a little over $1000 with tax / shipping from SMB (Fresno) as of last week. Not including the butyl tape / rubber gasket needed for the install. I think that was another $250
Old 07-14-2021, 08:04 AM   #7

Interesting, I didn't know Fresno would sell one without installing. Glad they do, they should.
Old 07-24-2021, 10:15 AM   #8

What is your price on the old canvas?
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2021, 04:52 PM   #9

#tjgaskill
Quote:
Originally Posted by tjgaskill View Post
how much $ ? and can you show what the damage looks like? I have a 1996 EB and it has a few deteriorating screens and ribbing along the zippers. And does it matter the year? or whether its electric or manual? I can't image that the design is exactly the same as it was in 1996 or is it?
Clarkboulder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2021, 05:18 AM   #10

^^ I had a 98 EB and now a 2011 EB, and to my eye the canvas design looked to be the same.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote