Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2015, 08:55 AM   #21

Re: Selling my 2013 Ford E350 4X4 conversion van $60,000

Bump.... Hi all, can anyone give me thoughts on this van I'm trying to sell? I'm pretty sure I'm not over priced for what I have put into it. Would appreciate any input.

skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 08:59 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Bump.... Hi all, can anyone give me thoughts on this van I'm trying to sell? I'm pretty sure I'm not over priced for what I have put into it. Would appreciate any input.
My personal opinion? Lack of either hightop or poptop is an issue for many buyers.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 09:03 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam
Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
My personal opinion? Lack of either hightop or poptop is an issue for many buyers.
Agreed.
Old 04-07-2015, 09:12 AM   #24

It's a beautiful van and obviously well constructed. I think your potential buyers are limited, though, by essentially only having sleeping space for one (as far as I can see) and no pop-top.

One thought: take a photo of the bed with it made up with sheet, comforter and pillow so it looks more inviting. The photo you have now makes me think that the bed would be uncomfortable and even unstable, with the overhang looking fairly unsupported.

Not that you want to drop more money into it, but I bet if you had SMB add a PH top you'd recoup that cost and sell the van more easily, since it would have sleeping space for three plus the headroom most want. A manual Penthouse costs about $6,000 for an RB van (http://www.sportsmobile.com/chevy-penthouse-top/). I don't doubt that you'd easily get $70k or more out of the van if it had a PH.

Or, somebody with some vision should buy it and do the same thing and use it or flip it.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 12:56 PM   #25

I agree with this. I would have bought it but am not sure if SMB could do the top with all the wiring and the new upholstery that would have to be done. Love the build and the soundproofing and insulation and the thought put in. The floor plan is not great and we would need a good bed/seating in the lower area and not sure we would get that with current config. Darn... it is a sweet van but just not quite what we need.
Old 04-07-2015, 01:08 PM   #26

Bring it over to Derek at CCV in Loveland, CO and have give you a quote. His tops are really well engineered and functional.
Old 04-07-2015, 02:16 PM   #27

That is an option for sure and might solve at least part of the puzzle. The other part is lack of open countertop space in the van. The 'Minister of Finance' around here has declared a mandatory wait period until after April 15. I think we owe a larger than anticipated amount to the freaking gubmints. We will wait and see.
Old 04-07-2015, 03:12 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by eddyturn
That is an option for sure and might solve at least part of the puzzle. The other part is lack of open countertop space in the van. The 'Minister of Finance' around here has declared a mandatory wait period until after April 15. I think we owe a larger than anticipated amount to the freaking gubmints. We will wait and see.

I just called Derek. He gave me a price and had me send him the link from here so he could see the interior. He also said he could maybe help selling it without the top.

Eddyturn, I have put some thought into what I could do to make it more family friendly. One of my thoughts, that would be an easy fix as far as the counter space, would be to take out the big aluminum storage box from behind the drivers seat and build a cabinet with counter back to the existing cabinets and incorporate the ARB into it. Or, install a regular fridge. The aluminum box was only there to secure my camera gear.
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:15 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by rallypanam

I agree. It seems to be set up for a single user, both in terms of sleeping and lounging. That is going to limit market appeal. A gaucho in place of the bed set up would go a long way.

Build quality and attention to detail look outstanding and everything else about the van looks pretty stellar.
Old 04-07-2015, 06:17 PM   #30

Agree about adding a gaucho where the bed is. Would make it seem like a much more "standard" floorplan.

Another thing a potential buyer should consider, in addition to a pop-top, is that a third captain's chair could easily be added behind the driver's seat from the looks of it. There's a window there already and by removing the metal box there would be plenty of room. Might even be able to get a fourth seat inside the barn doors if needed.

Add the gaucho, a pop-top, and the third captain's chair with three-point seatbelt and this would be a very marketable van IMO for less than an $8,000 investment.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote