Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-28-2021, 12:14 PM   #1

SMB Center PH TOP Lights / Fuses ?

Apologize if this is wrong place for this - also if this is a "repeat" thread - I used my center PH top fluorescent light the other day - now its "dead." I've rotated the bulbs, etc., but no power.

Anybody got info on where the ceiling lights are fused ? I've flipped the breakers in SMB breaker box near floor door - but not checked fuses under the couch yet. Might that be the place for them fuses ? All ceiling 12 volts on same fuse ?? Surely not in the Ford fuse box under hood or dashboard !?

Any answer / reply appreciated -- I do want to eventually install LED's in ceiling - when other life issues get resolved !

Thanks and stay safe out there !

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 12:48 PM   #2

Typically the fuse for ceiling lights is off of a 7.5 amp fuse located under the front left corner of the pop to roof trim. You need to take the trim off or in some cases worse. It originates off of the 30 amp driver side fuse.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2021, 02:18 PM   #3

Garage
What year is your van?
Old 08-28-2021, 03:33 PM   #4

Oops - sorry - Van is a 2002 EB E350 - V10 -- Thanks !
Old 08-28-2021, 03:44 PM   #5

Regarding ceiling fuse -- would it be just inside formica ceiling panel at the corner - or under the gray fabric near back of driver seat where J-hook(s) are mounted near ceiling maybe ?
OR - above/forward of the bed rail area ?

Surely this was placed by an "engineer" wanting to exact the pleasure and pain from seeing a SMB owner destroy their rig ! - Seriously !?
Old 08-28-2021, 04:34 PM   #6

Under the gray fabric panel behind/above the seats , the panel goes across the van, If I remember correct only a couple of screws. The fuse is over where the wires are going up to the top.

-greg
Old 08-28-2021, 05:31 PM   #7

Hey Scalf77 -- is this fuse a blade 7.5 -- or a glass fuse ? I currently have neither - but guessing a blade fuse ?
Old 08-28-2021, 05:46 PM   #8

it would be blade, (ATO-ATC) just like the fuse panel.
Old 08-29-2021, 10:09 AM   #9

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scalf77 View Post
Under the gray fabric panel behind/above the seats , the panel goes across the van, If I remember correct only a couple of screws. The fuse is over where the wires are going up to the top.

-greg
I have a 2006 & This is exactly where I found mine (after shorting out the fuse by accident).
When the top is up, there is a 4 or 5" ledge that spans the width of the pop top canvas - above the two drivers seats. Probably just fabric held down by a couple small screws. If you unscrew the section above the drivers side and push back the fabric, you should see the fuse holder.
Old 08-30-2021, 11:36 AM   #10

Hi Scalf77 and Twoxentrix -- so I pulled back the gray panel and found the in line fuse - loaded with 10amp blade fuse - replaced the fuse - no go. The year light above back door also dead. I replaced ALL the fuses in the fuse panel under bed - and still no power for the ceiling lights. There is a blue wire above panel above driver seat that is NOT connected to anything - and I couldn't find the "other end" to it. I taped that blue wire off to prevent any shorts.

Is it possible the ballast is bad on the light located center roof area ? -- and yet -- why would rear door light ALSO be out at same time ? Too coincidental ! I'm at a loss here --

Could it be a fuse under steering column fuse box - under hood fuse box ? Duh !?