Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2021, 03:35 PM   #11

Garage
The week the installer suggested probably isn't so much for the actual time it takes to put your system together, its probably more of a gestimation that allows them a couple days wiggle room to get you in (between other projects).
I would forgo the "Y" connector on the solar install and use one of the suggested mounts Scalf77 or Ref referenced in one of the links merret supplied in an earlier post. I still plan on changing mine out, just haven't had the time. Believe they were something along these lines:
https://www.amazon.com/Powerwerx-PAN...7HHMKL8R&psc=1

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08CMWHRZG...NsaWNrPXRydWU=

EDIT: If you didn't plan initially to run the auxiliary solar cables straight to the controller itself, then using the "y" connectors to splice into the line anywhere prior to the controller would also work (That's what I have done - I did it on the outside of the Van since I want comfortable pulling all the fabric and panels off inside the van to get to the controller, or run additional wires from the inside location to the outside to hook up one of the flush mount ports - My "Y" connector is real easy to access, I just have to remember it becomes a little more of a challenge if I decide to hook up AFTER I've raised the top)

Old 03-22-2021, 03:55 PM   #12

Doublevan - i'll pm you - i might be able to help you out.
nyyankees588 is offline   Reply With Quote