I got some bad news from my tax accountant, so I need to sell my GTRV. I wanted the forum to have the first opportunity, then it will go up on eBay.
2000 Ford E350 GTRV 7.3 Powerstroke EB, 2WD, poptop, bathroom/shower, $29,900 OBO
I bought this 2000 GTRV Westy about a year ago from the 2nd owner who owned it for 5 years. You can tell by the extensive maintenance records from new, and detailed fueling logbook, that the van was well cared for mechanically. My family has traveled to Zion, Yosemite, Mammoth, and Death Valley with no problems, and we trust it to drive anywhere.
Most GTRVs are built on an E150 light duty with 4.6 V8, but the first owner ordered the E350 Super Duty with the famous long-life 7.3 Powerstroke diesel, towing package, dual alternators, block heater, and full floating rear axle. See below for the Ford factory order sheet. I also have the order invoice from GTRV.
The van has 226,000 miles, however every factory service recommendation has been performed to the letter, including brake fluid, coolant, and transmission flushes. It still runs and shifts strong and smooth like a healthy 7.3 should!
I had the interior completely rehabbed and modernized with waterproof wood plank flooring, new carpet in the front cab, and LED lighting throughout. I like the heavy duty tweed material that Sportsmobile uses now, so I ordered 10 yards and had the seats, headliners, and side panels reupholstered. Beds have a matching softer cloth. All seat and bedding foam has been replaced with new custom cut high quality foam.
Lots of Photos: https://photos.app.goo.gl/Hq9GoJrukdTQjr5V9
GTRV Westys are custom made, and very much like a Westfalia or a Sportsmobile RB50 plan. A huge advantage of Ford vans over a VW Westfalia is that just about any shop can service it, and you can find parts for it anywhere in the country.
GTRV Vs. Sportsmobile (SMB) in my experience having owned both:
● Cabinets are made of high quality plywood, not the pressed particle board SMB uses.
● Lower bed is a true queen side bed, SMB is only a double size.
● Upper bunk is wider than SMB
● Top profile is much lower and sleeker on the GTRV...great for stealth camping and clearance in parking structures. However, the SMB T-shaped top definitely has more head space than the V-shaped GTRV top.
● GTRVs have side popout window as standard, and the glass windows are larger.
RV Features (all functioning properly):
● Toilet/sink//shower stall (rare GTRV option) including black water tank, and separate grey water tank for the shower.
● Suburban propane (and/or 120V electric) 6 gallon hot water heater.
● Suburban propane furnace
● Panasonic 120V rear AC unit
● Suburban two burner propane stove
● NovaKool 12v or 120v dual mode refrigerator
● 7 gallon propane tank
● 10 gallon fresh water tank with Shurflo pump
● 6 gallon grey water tank (for sinks)
● 4 amp solar panels with solar controller
● Rear sprayer with hot and cold water, great for surfboards or sandy feet.
● Excellent overall condition, people are surprised at its age!
● Van runs, drives, and shifts excellent and is very reliable. I’d trust it to drive anywhere.
● Fridge, stove, sinks, propane furnace, and propane hot water heater all work great!
● Poptop canvas and windows are excellent with no tears
● Body is original paint with minor scratches but still shines up very nice.
● 226,000 miles
● Cold AC
● Upholstery and flooring is excellent with no rips or tears
Maintenance within the past year:
● New brake rotors and pads front and rear (see pics)
● New front wheel bearings
● New upper and lower ball joints and tie rods
● New ABS sensors front and rear
● New solar charge controller
● New ShurFlo water pump
● New Suburban furnace thermostat
● New burner for Suburban furnace
● New Battery separator
● Bilstein HD gas shocks all around
● CorrecTrack rear wheel spacer kit (helps handling!)
● Moog 2” front lift/level springs
● Alcoa Forged 16x8 slot alloys made in USA
● Pirelli Scorpion all terrain tires with 2000 miles on them, bought new 10/2018
● Bushwacker fender flares
● Front and rear bumpers powdercoated black (plastic panels removed).
Located in Loma Linda, CA Asking $29,900. I have a clean CA title in my name on hand.