Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-12-2021, 07:52 PM   #11

Any chance you can post / host more photos?

Particularly the interior!

shellb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:20 PM   #12

Garage
Thank you Eric.

It's such a strange thing, thinking about selling a vehicle like this. There have been so many adventures, and so many more to come. Everywhere you stop, you meet folks with bright eyes admiring the truck and wishing they were co-pilot.

I am not convinced I will let this go. It is more like "What would I do differently?" Would it be the same chassis? Yes. This is the best. Period. Would I re-design the interior? Yes. I am as particular about how I live in this vehicle as I am in my home, and am always thinking about improvements.

Okay. Enuf about that. Gotta go set the compass for the next outing - Haha! If I am offline for a while, it is because there just ain't no service where I am at, or my eyes are on the horizon!

2006 Sportsmobile SWB
E350 6.0l
graybeard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2021, 09:48 PM   #13

Garage
Let me see what I can do about more photos of the interior. It is a fairly standard build, with the back bench seat that reclines to a bed, and the infrastructure (sink, fridge, cabinets, ..., etc) along the left (driver's side) wall. The top pops, and one can sleep two up and two down, but for long outings, this is best for 2 or 3 persons (i.e: teenager upstairs, grown-ups on the main floor :-) The passenger seat swivels, which always seems to be the first action when one has arrived at a destination.

I have been "remodeling" a bit. The standard Sportsmobile interior is MDF with a wood grain applique, and a plastic t-molding for edges. To be honest, this is not great: the wood grain finish does not take use well, and the plastic edge molding shrinks - this has been my motivation to replace cabinet surfaces with Baltic birch and Formica and [next] HDPE surfaces. I think the carpet in the interior needs to go too. I am inclined to replace with a "coin-style" vinyl flooring. If anything, this will clean better. What I am saying here is that when you spend a lot of time traveling in a vehicle like this, one's mind wanders to what one might do differently.

I have thought about re-painting the vehicle, but then all it takes is an outing on tough roads to reminds me of how foolish that idea is. I was fishing in the Gunnison Gorge National Conservation Area a couple of weeks ago, and took "Miss Piggy" up and over the Smith Mountain Jeep Road. This is a very tight road for a vehicle of Miss Piggy's girth. New paint would have made me cry.

Probably in the category of too much information, but also perhaps a bit of insight into the nature of the beast.

2006 Sportsmobile SWB
E350 6.0l
Old 07-12-2021, 10:38 PM   #14

Bob, I have a specific question about your oil bypass system.

I recently purchased one from Sinister Diesel. They don’t make a specific model for the 6.0 vans, just the pickups. I figured no big deal. Well. The new blue metal oil filter cap is shorter than my stock cap by about 1-1/2”. What does your bypass system use for the mainline oil filter cap? Could you take a pic of it and send it via PM? Might be easier than posting. Thanks so much. It would be super helpful….or anyone else that help out as well.

'06 E350 6.0 PSD EB-50 4x4
'04 KTM 525 EXC. '12 SkiDoo Summit ETEC 800
'76 Ford Hi-Boy, '72 Baja Bug, '83 CJ 7
GunniLuv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 07:09 AM   #15

Garage
I am not familiar with the type of system you have purchased. Mine is the AMSOIL system, which uses two separate filters. There is no oil filter cap, for example. Not sure I can help on this topic

2006 Sportsmobile SWB
E350 6.0l
Old 07-13-2021, 06:37 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by graybeard View Post
Let me see what I can do about more photos of the interior. It is a fairly standard build, with the back bench seat that reclines to a bed, and the infrastructure (sink, fridge, cabinets, ..., etc) along the left (driver's side) wall. The top pops, and one can sleep two up and two down, but for long outings, this is best for 2 or 3 persons (i.e: teenager upstairs, grown-ups on the main floor :-) The passenger seat swivels, which always seems to be the first action when one has arrived at a destination.
Hey Bob, if people ask, tell them your van is a '50' floorplan or more accurately an RB50. This is Sportsmobile's name for it and it is one of the more popular floor plans. RB for regular body. Extended van with same would be EB50.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2021, 06:43 PM   #17

That’s super helpful from both of you guys! Thanks!
shellb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:38 PM   #18

Pics please? Intetested
dogsandcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2021, 08:39 PM   #19

Pics please
dogsandcats is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 11:35 AM   #20

Is your rig still on the market? Very interested!
Prnl is offline   Reply With Quote