Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-24-2020, 03:48 PM   #11

Interested in this rig, have some questions, please contact me. dharry@q.com. Thank you

DeeK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 08:57 AM   #12

Absolutely Bronco, however the debate is directly related to the sale item stating that the ladders may be illegal, hence making the vehicle less desirable. The law is completely arguable. The National width law is 102" (8.5'). For instance on my load, on a level plane if you drop a plum line down my load would not (other than the kayak wheels) extend past the flares because of the curvature of the van. Laws like these are a matter of interpretation.
I think the ladders are fine and it is an outstanding price on a vehicle that has been well thought out and appears to be well taken care of! I would say compared to other units I have seen here IMOP this price is a steal, just by mileage alone let alone condition, ladders or not.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 02:35 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Absolutely Bronco, however the debate is directly related to the sale item stating that the ladders may be illegal, hence making the vehicle less desirable. The law is completely arguable. The National width law is 102" (8.5'). For instance on my load, on a level plane if you drop a plum line down my load would not (other than the kayak wheels) extend past the flares because of the curvature of the van. Laws like these are a matter of interpretation.
I think the ladders are fine and it is an outstanding price on a vehicle that has been well thought out and appears to be well taken care of! I would say compared to other units I have seen here IMOP this price is a steal, just by mileage alone let alone condition, ladders or not.
Thanks Vanimal and Herb. And yup, it's a damn solid zombie crushing and wave searching machine for the dosh. Herb - you know it's provenance
dixoncj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2020, 06:43 PM   #14
Site Team

FWIW, my SMB had drivers and passenger ladders.

It was never an issue.

Herb
Old 01-25-2020, 08:56 PM   #15

I’ve not done a thorough investigation but I’m fairly certain 100% of side mirrors stick out past the fenders on 100% of all stock vehicles. Again, this is speculation but I’m confident I’m within a couple percent.
Quigley with Agile RIP, 6.0 PSD
WhitH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2020, 12:49 AM   #16

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I’ve not done a thorough investigation but I’m fairly certain 100% of side mirrors stick out past the fenders on 100% of all stock vehicles. Again, this is speculation but I’m confident I’m within a couple percent.

Mine’s proof of that:
Attached Thumbnails
90F66EDB-4384-4DBA-BAD4-9BEC29FE135F.jpg  
Old 01-26-2020, 08:40 PM   #17

Your boats TOOO wide. Ha ! Not on subject but is that one of those up-stream style jet aluminum boats! Nice.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 07:48 AM   #18

That boat!! Boy could you have some fun with that amongst the Charleston barrier islands.
dixoncj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 09:02 AM   #19
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhitH View Post
I was just thinking the same thing about my mirrors. In regards to this Awesome Cruiser Top some one will get a great rig when it sells and I wouldn't worry about the ladders at all...
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2020, 09:52 PM   #20

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
Your boats TOOO wide. Ha ! Not on subject but is that one of those up-stream style jet aluminum boats! Nice.
Thanks! LOL, yeah, I worry more about the boat when it’s on the road than my van. It’s not a jet, it’s a Yamaha 150 outboard. It’s a great boat for the Columbia River and the top helps a lot with our rainy weather as well as the blazing hot sun in summer.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dixoncj View Post
That boat!! Boy could you have some fun with that amongst the Charleston barrier islands.
Would love to have the opportunity! We use it here on the Columbia. Folks call it a fishing boat but I don’t fish so I call it my AdventureBoat. We like to explore all the nooks and crannies on the rivers. It was the purchase of a lifetime and I smile every time I get in it.

To the OP, good luck with the sale!

Tags
4x4, campervan, diesel, sportsmobile for sale, vanlife