Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2021, 02:42 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by seal View Post
Where they a flat piece of metal the same shape of the glass? or did they have a slight curve from top to bottom like factory glass?
I believe they were flat, but I've never seen them not installed. Once on the van, they would conform to the van's curve a bit.

I'm curious whether the panels were attached directly with just a sandwich of butyl, or using some type of frame like the stock windows.

Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 02:47 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
^^^ One of my rear door aluminum blanks sold quick, the other I still have. I thought these were more desirable when I posted them. Never know what people are wanting/needing though. Don’t remember what I sold it for or I’d let you know. Either way, glws!
I'm curious what people would want if we had them made? I find the rear windows very useful for general driving, plus we've replaced ours with pop outs for ventilation (especially when someone is using the porta pottie!). However, I'm not sure I'd miss the tiny quarter windows on our EB. I could see people wanting to replace the big windows if they have a passenger van but really would prefer the utility of a cargo van.
Kibo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 04:58 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
I'm curious what people would want if we had them made? I find the rear windows very useful for general driving, plus we've replaced ours with pop outs for ventilation (especially when someone is using the porta pottie!). However, I'm not sure I'd miss the tiny quarter windows on our EB. I could see people wanting to replace the big windows if they have a passenger van but really would prefer the utility of a cargo van.
Yep. Getting rid of the smallest/rearmost side windows and the biggest/next forward position would be useful to me. I'd LOVE to see someone smarter than me build a "bolt-in" kit for the big windows that allowed them to hinge upwards (and stay up) with a gas strut like the factory optional ones on the Chevy Express access package.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 05:17 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post

They were for the big side windows on a window van, not the rear door windows.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2021, 08:41 PM   #15

They did have them for the rear windows.

They were flat and bolted directly with a sandwich of butyl.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2021, 02:16 AM   #16

Thanks Greg! We borrowed one of their vans while they were doing our pop top and my recollection is that it had the rear window version, but I didn't look very closely at the attachment method at the time.