Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2023, 09:48 PM   #1

WTB: E350 EB 4x4 Van w/V10

Reaching out to the SMB Community as an additional source to find a van for my next build...

I had a 2018 4x4 Sprinter but sold it and transitioned to a truck/camper combo because I wanted something with more capability and reliability in remote areas of Baja and Alaska. I love my current truck but miss the van interior platform so here I am back on the hunt.

I am specifically looking for a Ford E350 EB in Passenger Van (or Cargo) configuration. Quigley or Quad Van 4x4 conversion and a v10 engine. Just about any color but Black will work. In my experience SMB and CCV tent tops don't perform well in the high wind zones that we kite and surf so I plan to add a fiberglass bubble top from Fiberine or Tufport if I can't find a high top to start.

Willing to travel to anywhere in the US or Canada for the right rig. Any help with my search would be much appreciated. Have a great weekend!

Alaska2Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2023, 02:13 AM   #2

have a 2005 E350 V-10 6.8 pics as soon as figure out
zlivewire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2023, 02:25 PM   #3

I might be selling my 2004 E350 6.0 diesel with Timberline 4x4 conversion and 30" Fiberine Super Camper Top. Only 71K miles. It's only 1/3 built out so far, but new floors, passenger swivel seat, Maxx Air Fan, Iceco cooler, and Espar diesel heater. Located in Colorado.
Angler99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 12:28 AM   #4

Thx for the response Angler99 but I'm looking for a V10, not a diesel.
Alaska2Baja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 10:18 AM   #5

Garage
I know it’s not a V-10, but you should seriously consider this Van. For $20k you could add 4x4 with Chris at UJOR in Asheville, and immediately have $15 - $20k equity in the van after converting it (plus you’d essentially have a new drive train on top of a well appointed and well maintained Van)
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...tml#post323626
Old 08-01-2023, 11:08 AM   #6

I’ve watched more UJOR YouTube videos than I probably should. Seems like Chris’ 4x4 conversions run $25k-30k per his replies in the comments - replies to comments such as, “How much does a conversion like this cost?”, etc. Now, maybe these are fully optioned builds and he’s factoring in bumpers, etc.; so a conversion to the aforementioned van would be a bit more affordable (it’s already got armor, sliders, and what not).

And isn’t the 5.4 V8 platform more costly to convert? I thought I remember reading that somewhere. Exhaust routing is trickier, or something like that. Not 100% sure.
yonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 07:06 PM   #7

I believe the 5.4 is a little more annoying to convert because you have to pull the transmission to cover the output shaft. The 5-speed that comes with the V10 can stay in the van.

That being said I don't recall there being a huge difference in quoted price.
motovan_mn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:34 PM   #8

Was looking for a van for a friend of mine. This one caught my attention. If the undercarriage isn't rusty, it should have great potential. New Jersey.
E-350 RB Chateau V10 Quigley with U-Joint conversion.
https://newjersey.craigslist.org/cto...640898530.html
No affiliation.
Normal_Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2023, 08:42 PM   #9

I chatted via text with the owner of this van a few weeks ago. V10 Chateau that was originally a Quigley, then sent to Ujoint for a 4” kit. Inside is spotless, showroom condition.

He sent me some undercarriage shots and IMO it is rough, but not too far gone. Someone from the NE may not have my level of concern. You can definitely tell it’s been in NJ for many years. There are some spots on the body where the paint is bubbling and some pinch welds on the underside that are just starting the flake and separate. To me, it’s beyond surface corrosion and my level of comfort, but probably salvageable and a good project for the right guy. If anything, the undercarriage condition could be used in price negotiation.

To be fair, the owner stated he didn’t want to address the rust out of transparency to prospective buyers, which I thought was an honest gesture.

I really wanted this one to be clean, but it comes with the territory. It’s a killer setup. The UJOR 4” / 33” look on a RB is perfect. This color scheme is beautiful.
yonah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2023, 11:33 AM   #10

2014 E350 V10 EB50 UJOR/SMB Penthouse/MGM Expo interior/Timberline „Frankenvan“ 44k miles.
Send me a PM
carpetwit is offline   Reply With Quote