Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 09-29-2023, 01:03 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
WTB: Fiamma Awning for my FordE350 Extended Body.

Looking for an F45 for my Ford E350

maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2023, 02:58 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,181
Where are you located? I have three new F45 10ft awnings in Long Beach, CA. $1300 each Or, I can also get one dropped shipped to you - $1055 plus shipping.

Outer case colors are White, Black, and Titanium

PM me if interested, thanks!
__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV High Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. www.BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2023, 06:28 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Where are you located? I have three new F45 10ft awnings in Long Beach, CA. $1300 each Or, I can also get one dropped shipped to you - $1055 plus shipping.

Outer case colors are White, Black, and Titanium

PM me if interested, thanks!

Im looking at the 11'6" F45s

do you happen to have that available?
if you can drop ship that, how much would the total be? Im also located in SoCal
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2023, 01:07 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,181
11'6" would be $1160 plus $350 shipping to Long Beach. If we can find one or two more people who want a Fiamma awning then shipping would be $200/ awning.

fwiw - the 11'6" can work on an EB but still looks out of place. It is too long for an RB. The coverage is an additional 16" in width vs the 10'2", the projection is the same at 8ft.

If you are mounting an 11'6" to an existing roof rack then there will be sufficient support. If you have a pop top and are using Z Brackets they will require drilling into the body and bolting to provide additional support. If you are thinking of using Sportsmobile's brackets for an 11'6" awning I would highly recommend against going doing that.
__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV High Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. www.BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:04 PM   #5
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
11'6" would be $1160 plus $350 shipping to Long Beach. If we can find one or two more people who want a Fiamma awning then shipping would be $200/ awning.

fwiw - the 11'6" can work on an EB but still looks out of place. It is too long for an RB. The coverage is an additional 16" in width vs the 10'2", the projection is the same at 8ft.

If you are mounting an 11'6" to an existing roof rack then there will be sufficient support. If you have a pop top and are using Z Brackets they will require drilling into the body and bolting to provide additional support. If you are thinking of using Sportsmobile's brackets for an 11'6" awning I would highly recommend against going doing that.

I have a fabricator that made these custom brackets for me for my current ARB awning

It’s extremely stable and holds the awning very well.

Is there some type / specific style to mount the Fiamma awning other than a normal bolt hole on the bracket ?

Would it be too complicated to have my fabricator make custom brackets like these to fit the Fiamma? Or if I can just use these current ones that would be the best case scenario

Sorry. I couldn’t rotate the pictures since I uploaded it on my phone! It keeps going sideways for some of them
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5781.jpg   IMG_5784.jpg   IMG_5785.jpg   IMG_5782.jpg  
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:35 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,181
The brackets you have would probably work w the Fiamma awning. The awning comes with three extrusion mounting pieces that can be bolted to those brackets.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_7276.jpg.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	64.1 KB
ID:	48605

Important question - What is behind the bolts that are fastening the lower tab of the bracket?
__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV High Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. www.BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:39 PM   #7
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
The brackets you have would probably work w the Fiamma awning. The awning comes with three extrusion mounting pieces that can be bolted to those brackets.

Attachment 48605

Important question - What is behind the bolts that are fastening the lower tab of the bracket?
Itís a heavy duty locking washer thatís bolted through the frame of the van. That thing isnít moving. I also had the awning open with strong winds and it hasnít moved one bit

I might be interested in your 11í6Ē awning

Do you have it available in titanium?
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 07:41 PM   #8
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
The brackets you have would probably work w the Fiamma awning. The awning comes with three extrusion mounting pieces that can be bolted to those brackets.

Attachment 48605

Important question - What is behind the bolts that are fastening the lower tab of the bracket?
I’m aware it’s a bit long but I wanted to cover this entire space since I plan to put an exterior sink.

The 11’6” one would go all the way to the back perfectly

(I will fix all the photos when I get to my laptop tonight )
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2023, 08:54 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 3,181
Okay, the mounting seems sound. The rear most bracket may be a bit to far forward for the 11'6". Solutions would be to reposition or add a fourth further aft.

I will check on stock for 11'6" Titanium , I will have an answer in the morning.

Thxs!
__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV High Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. www.BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2023, 04:12 AM   #10
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2021
Posts: 16
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Okay, the mounting seems sound. The rear most bracket may be a bit to far forward for the 11'6". Solutions would be to reposition or add a fourth further aft.

I will check on stock for 11'6" Titanium , I will have an answer in the morning.

Thxs!
Thank you.

Do you recommend making a 4th home in the Fiamma awning?
You mentioned it only has 3 mounting positions in the awning?
maddmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2023, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.