Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-30-2016, 10:46 AM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee Explorer View Post
Yeah I don't know why the picture is inverted but if you click on it it's oriented correctly. Weird.
Yeah... the Forum here is a "tough room"... lots of real cards on here.

2014 Ford RB
SMB 4x4
GrumpyBadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2016, 10:54 PM   #32

Inquiring minds want to know ...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
yelnam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2016, 04:42 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wannabee Explorer View Post
Yeah I don't know why the picture is inverted but if you click on it it's oriented correctly. Weird.
It's Australia. When you're there it seems normal but you're actually upside down.

It's actually the exif rotation, phones and computers don't necessarily rotate pictures anymore but store a rotation flag that says which way the picture should display. The flag is not being read (display 180º) in some cases/browsers, possibly because the exif data is stripped in conversion to an inline forum issue, and correctly in others ("full size" on click, no remaking of the image data, including exif). In other words we have progressed beyond the old stupid ways of just rotating the actual pictures- how pedestrian that was!
Old 07-02-2016, 07:39 AM   #34

Nice! I see you bought the yagi antenna.....

A buddy and I both used our Wilson setups in his cabin in Moab. He has that same Yagi pointed at a tower and I'm using a 18" or so tall omni antenna. They help with signal, although sometimes in Moab even with good signal it seems you cannot get a connection...very frustrating.

One thing to remember with these is that they can only amplify a signal...even if you have a setup with a zillion dBs of gain....a zillion times zero is still zero with no signal.
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 07:59 AM   #35

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShuttlePilot View Post

Another theory I have heard from radio folks is that bandwidth of data is prioritized to those who have the best signal. So in remote areas that have only one tower that gets busy with a lot of people will slow to a crawl. Especially for those will the weakest signal. So the booster will make you present to the tower as if your a stronger signal and you will get more band width. I'm not sure about this theory as a conscious decision by the tower or just a mater of physics. I have tried it and experienced better data speed during a peak time of day where very early in the morning I didn't need the booster. So I dunno. I have no cell tower experience(if someone is please educate us), just passing on what I recently heard.

Anyway, It's all fun.
-Eric
We see the exact same performance in Moab......the cabin is far from towers....we can get on very early in the morning and many times that's it for the entire day, even with boosters going. I would like to know more about this if anyone here is in the cell business.

I working smack in the middle of Qualcomm-ville in San Diego and commute by train....I suppose I could just start asking people how this all works while I'm waiting for the train.....
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2016, 08:52 AM   #36

It might sound like Jage's answer. [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote