Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-14-2022, 11:38 AM   #11

horse stall mats?

Somewhere, possible here in a similar thread(?), someone mentioned using horse stall mats, cut down to size and stacked, as levelers. I haven't tried this, but I'm curious how they'd work.

Personally I use hunks of scrap wood. I have some hardwood 1x6's that were donated to me and have augmented those with a few other hunks of 2x4's. I switched over to the Lego-style bocks at one point and they worked ok, but weren't durable. Once they cracked, I switched back to wood.

YoTerryh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2022, 12:11 PM   #12

Garage
Yep, this discussion comes up periodically. Here is one not too long ago:
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...cks-28861.html

No one has mentioned Eric's Rocks yet. Of course for the OP's/Lcavalletti's need, they would need to be large rocks and some number of them to build a ramp.

I still use Anderson levelers and GoTreads if needed. I haven't had a situation where I needed one end of the van to be a foot off the ground either.
Old 07-15-2022, 03:49 PM   #13

I use rocks, dig holes, put in FWD or RWD low range and apply gas and brake at same time to drop front or rear (if you are on soft ground), and I keep some 2x6 scraps and a couple 4x6 pieces. I always find a way to level it out using one or more of the above.

- 2005 EB50 6.0PSD - SMB 4x4
pjpvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2022, 11:34 PM   #14

that sounds like a major PIA and would take me hours to figure out, which during that time im sure I would give up, crack a beer and end up sleeping in a slanted bed, then waking up to back pain. endless cycle.
Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 10:30 AM   #15

Strike force 67

Ive been using these for a few years now, abused them and they've never let me down.

Best thing about them is they double up as traction aid, are lifetime warrantied, they are rated for 50k lbs and are made in Canada amd USA (so prices on their site may be in $ cdn)

I have the XL ones (longer), everyone i showed them to emded up buying a set as well

The site may not show it but when stacked they act as leveling blocks...

I don't have a pictures with my van but check them out on this link, you won't regret it!

Cheers
David

https://strikeforce67.ca/
Abitibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:03 AM   #16

I really like my flat jacks, but they're expensive.
I also use horse stall mats cut to size.

https://www.vanlifeoutfitters.com/st...ir-tire-level/
RichPDX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2022, 11:53 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abitibi View Post
Ive been using these for a few years now, abused them and they've never let me down.

Best thing about them is they double up as traction aid, are lifetime warrantied, they are rated for 50k lbs and are made in Canada amd USA (so prices on their site may be in $ cdn)

I have the XL ones (longer), everyone i showed them to emded up buying a set as well

The site may not show it but when stacked they act as leveling blocks...

I don't have a pictures with my van but check them out on this link, you won't regret it!

Cheers
David

https://strikeforce67.ca/

In the US, they're sold as Go Treads and several of us have also recommended them in this thread.
Old 07-17-2022, 01:55 PM   #18

Made my own out of 2x6 left over from a deck renovation. They're wide enough for off road tires, they nest together for storage, and I have built them two boards high and three boards high, if I need more leveling than that I look elsewhere. Relatively indestructible, but when they do break I can repair with a new 2x6 or build a new pair.

-- Bass
basssears is offline   Reply With Quote