Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2017, 09:25 AM   #91

rallypanam, I will keep and eye out for them!

Old 05-05-2017, 09:28 AM   #92

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellpilot View Post
rallypanam, I will keep and eye out for them!
Easy to recognize, we call him 'Too Tall Gene'. Because his name is Gene. And he's too tall. We're creative.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 09:59 AM   #93
Site Team

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by EmMay View Post
Rio Napo, I swam and hiked a long stretch of that River in the late 80's while spending a month in Ecuador. I launched from Mishualli, trekked for two weeks in the driving rain.

Mine is EmMay, or /eme/ the phonetics of the letter M in Spanish. My initials are m's so the people here call me Mr. M or /eme/, we speak Spanish, English and Filipino at our site.

My sweetheart's initials are m's too, but since she goes to bed soon after the sun goes down we call her Granny.
My Spanish handles were Don Don & El Pato Donal.

Driving rain in jungle? I'm shocked! Fortunately, it didn't rain the day I walked from the Aguarico to the Napo following helpful guidance from the soldiers at Tipuani to follow the fallen tree trunks that mark the trail. Any idea how many fallen tree trunks are scattered across the jungle floor?

We made it, BTW. (Had to be another guy involved, of course. As in, "Here, hold my beer.")

Don

Life and baseball both sometimes are not fair, but it is how you play the hops that counts.
—Scott Miller, NYT Sports
rionapo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 06:29 PM   #94

Garage
These are great! like getting the answers to a cross word puzzle left incomplete.

Throughout my many years I've have been accused by friends & family that my "Axis was off center" (Eccentric)- a response to some things I have done which obviously weren't understood. I considered these events more "bold" and/or "calculated" than unconventional conduct, but I recognize we are all entitled to an opinion.
My wife understands me completely, and shares the joy, memories, & stories that accompany adventurous behavior...its invigorating. Our Sportsmobile serves as an example.
Hence "TwoXentrix" (pronounced as "two Eccentric's"). It was the result of careful evaluation of several bottles of wine while discussing options for our first e-mail address many many years ago...shortly after Pac-Man fell from favor.

Using the same formula, Proud to say my wife came up with the name of our van. "AWOL" = Adventure WithOut Limitation
Old 05-05-2017, 08:51 PM   #95

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
My wife understands me completely, and shares the joy, memories, & stories that accompany adventurous behavior...its invigorating....
Well,if that don't describe the reason for it all, I don't know what does!

Old 05-05-2017, 10:03 PM   #96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
I live in a houseboat on a river....
I see you live in Oregon. I don't suppose you live on the Willamette in that Moorage behind Oaks Park? All the houses in there have tenders. I forget the name. I have a job that used to take me into every boathouse/houseboat moorage in Multnomah county and I used to always see a Sportsmobile in the parking lot in that one. It was before I got my van and I used to leave my drool on it.

I've seen those otters play on the rivers that I float. They can be quite entertaining.

Getting back on track......Randall is my first name and Dee is my middle.

Tres original.
Old 05-05-2017, 10:11 PM   #97

Garage
Hey RandallDee!

I'm over on Sauvie Island on Multnomah Channel. We're a bit quieter and more country here...

People ask me about my big white van in the moorage parking lot and we joke that it's almost a quarter of the size of our house!

Beautiful country we live in, isn't it?
Old 05-05-2017, 10:18 PM   #98

Ha! I've been in all the Sauvie Island moorages as well working. Definitely quieter out there and a little more wildlife!

Springers!
Old 05-05-2017, 10:38 PM   #99

According to my mom, when I was 3 or 4, I had an imaginary friend named Morie Sugg. She was 87 years old, rode a motorcycle and lived in jail.
MorieSugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2017, 10:42 PM   #100

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Hey RandallDee!

I'm over on Sauvie Island on Multnomah Channel. We're a bit quieter and more country here...

People ask me about my big white van in the moorage parking lot and we joke that it's almost a quarter of the size of our house!

Beautiful country we live in, isn't it?
Small world. I used to live on Sheltered Nook Road off of Cornelius Pass Road.
saline is offline   Reply With Quote