Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-24-2012, 05:08 AM   #1

Twogone Sighted

Hi:

Just met up with Marc & Christine (Twogone) in Lanesboro, Mass. In tn he brief time I talked to them I learned quite a bit about what and what not to do with my in progress build. Hope to see them again in either my state of Vermont or in their backyard in Mississippi.
jjtwister

Toyo AT 2's 285/R75-16's
1959 Chevy Apache Hot Rod
jjtwister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2012, 06:46 AM   #2

Re: Twogone Sighted

SMB ought to sponsor those two.. I watch a video and start pondering which map to peruse.
Old 11-27-2012, 09:09 AM   #3

Look what I came home to find in the driveway last night!

Marc and Christine contacted me before they left for their latest trip and asked if they could stop by for a night. I was glad to meet em and give them a place to park. It turns out I live about a 1 day drive from them, so looks like we might both have a place to stay from now on when we are travelling in each other's direction.
They are absolutely great folks and I enjoyed hanging out with them for a couple of hours this morning.
Here are the people and rigs together

I had to work last night so I only got to see them this morning but it was good to hang out, if only for a short while. I'm sure a video of their latest trip will pop up soon.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 10:03 AM   #4

Eric

Your CCV top makes Marc & Christine's van look dwarfishly small. Was Marc showing any signs of top envy when he was at your place?

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 11:46 AM   #5
Site Team

Garage

So John... size comparison now??? It's how you use it!

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2012, 12:11 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gnarvan
Eric

Your CCV top makes Marc & Christine's van look dwarfishly small. Was Marc showing any signs of top envy when he was at your place?
Lol, It's actually the angle more than a big size difference. I do see what you mean.
He was digging the CCV top and I think he's still undecided on what he's going to go with.
It was my first time to actually set foot in a SMB, I thought the manual top was really cool!

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2012, 08:45 AM   #7

Eric (86Scotty) is my new hero. We left for home in the morning and had a weird electrical issue a few minutes from his house, so turned around and went back (he was deep-wrenching a BMW). He took the time and had the patience to work through the problem enough to get us back rolling in just minutes, all the while, putting up with my absolute ignorance on things electrical and mechanical. We still don't know what is the cause of the problem, but Eric went around it through deductive reasoning, and we rolled on home. Dude was just great. Plus, he was great before we broke down! Plus, he has done a really great and thoughtful job on his homebuild!

We also met John (jjtwister) in Massachusetts for just a brief hello... another cool forum member... as he was passing right by our Thanksgiving gathering on his way home to Vermont. Great guy, spending money on a homebuild, great region to van around. We'll meet up with him next time through New England.

It is really fun to meet forum folks. I've met 5 so far, and all are different, but of a type that we enjoy being around. More, please!

The differences in everyone's rigs are very interesting. Eric's top is an example. John is building out a totally empty van, and looking for ideas. My van has a wishlist 6 feet long (which includes replacing the old top)... money, where's the money?

@everyone... just a heads-up, prolly no film from this trip, Christine focused on family/Thanksgiving and no van stuff, as the van was a means of conveyance, and really not the point this time. More later.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote