Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-05-2024, 06:46 PM   #21

Jeff -- Very sorry to hear about this newest development - bummed out for you ! Would any pick'n'pays be a source when you get back home ? Fingers crossed !

doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 07:30 AM   #22

Super bummer especially after doing due diligence to ensure that would not be the weak link Best of luck "limping" home and getting back on the road! I too plan on Nova Scotia in Spring if you still get to go- need an overnight near Cleveland Oh I have semi-private loop driveway with food and liquor shopping across the street-reach out if you like
NoData is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2024, 08:01 AM   #23
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Hey NoData, from Cleveland myself originally, east burbs, still have family there.
Ya, that sucks Jeff, unfortunately I know how it feels to have the very part you replaced to avoid failure…..fail. I am hoping the dealership that installed will take some kind of responsibility in getting you another. In case that doesn’t happen, I’d take a look at BTS, don’t think John Wood is an option any longer, he was packing up shop when I drove his trans out in the back of a rented pickup for rebuild after the failure a few years ago, not sure what he’s up to these days, ATS has had some neg reviews over the years. Safe journey home
https://www.brianstruckshop.com/
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2024, 08:32 PM   #24

Well, I’m nearly back to base Camp, and the good news is the transmission is now shifting properly. I suspect that when the technician flushed all the oil out of the connectors, it may have temporarily solve the problem. It seems to me that if all of the pins were flooded with oil it wouldn’t be hard to imagine that one or two of them were insulated from their mating contact, which may have caused the circuit failure recorded by the PCM. On the warranty front, I had a long conversation with the installing dealer, and heard basically the same response that since Ford no longer has the part, there’s nothing they can do. I mentioned there have to be aftermarket parts available, and he told me that if Ford didn’t make it they can’t install it. I mentioned that there were numerous 4R70’s transmissions advertised, and he said yes but they’re usually not available, you give them your credit card number and then it never arrives and eventually you get a credit card refund. Additionally he said the warranty is a very suspect. I said “like my current Ford warranty”? LOL…
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 07:13 AM   #25

Just another tale of a world wide corp failing to stand by their products - and even failing to offer any "exception" options for resolution. Another example of a FUBAR world ! Hope you get a fix and can get on the road again Jeff !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:28 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by VanMiller View Post
If you we’re traveling in a Chevy, I’d say go for it. But in a Ford, ya best not risk it.
That was a very dumb thing to say. all cars break down. I have only been let down by the GMs i have owned.
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:32 AM   #27

Yes this sounds like your Control connections.. As the Trans is shifting.. Remember cold and heat will slowly work connections apart. This would seem to be easily diagnosed at that shop.. Since its under warranty you need to follow Fords lead. Dont do something to void the warranty. Be smart.. if you feel like you will get stuck then take this as a sign to tour Canada.. as a Test drive.
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 11:30 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanzila View Post
This would seem to be easily diagnosed at that shop.. Since its under warranty you need to follow Fords lead..
Three different Ford dealers pretty much have washed their hands of this issue. They have clearly said, I’m out of luck as far as the “warranty” is concerned. If there are no Ford manufactured parts available, there is nothing they can do. As far as they are concerned, I might as well tow it to a wrecking yard because they will never be able to fix it, it’s too old. So, the search for an aftermarket wiring harness is in order, and I’ll likely have to pay an independent shop to install it.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 12:03 PM   #29

Garage
Crap, wish I could offer some help.
Old 02-10-2024, 07:14 AM   #30
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeff00seattle View Post
I would do the latter if you have the time to chill in Prince George BC.

With a flaky transmission, extreme weather, and wilderness, I would stay put and enjoy where you are meant to be for a while.
If you knew the guy you were talking about, you’d know…..
1….AT don’t “chill”
2….There is no “stay put and enjoy”, especially when there’s a repair mission at hand, not an option
3…..I think he’s on his way home, if not already
4….I would not want to be the dealership that installed the transmission
REF is offline   Reply With Quote