Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-30-2022, 03:23 PM   #71

The early weather forecast is looking great, mid 70's during the day and 50's at night, ideal to me. Thank you to Monica at Sportsmobile Southwest for sending a box of goodies for a small raffle. I plan to donate the proceeds to the local Grantsville VFD. I have some others contributing as well. Not sure the exact number of attendees yet, but I assure the event will be taking place. I invited some non-Sportsmobilers to join, you are welcome to do the same.

Old 08-31-2022, 09:19 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarlParr View Post
The early weather forecast is looking great, mid 70's during the day and 50's at night, ideal to me. Thank you to Monica at Sportsmobile Southwest for sending a box of goodies for a small raffle. I plan to donate the proceeds to the local Grantsville VFD. I have some others contributing as well. Not sure the exact number of attendees yet, but I assure the event will be taking place. I invited some non-Sportsmobilers to join, you are welcome to do the same.
Wow, that sounds great! Thank you CarlParr for setting this up, and thank Monica for helping out! It's good to have connections.
MaineWildlands is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 10:14 AM   #73

Many thanks CarlParr ! Looking forward to this get together !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 12:11 PM   #74

Monica, from Sportsmobile, asks if we can send her some pictures of the event for their social media. Anybody bringing a drone?
Old 08-31-2022, 01:27 PM   #75

Garage
If no one has one Carl, I'll bring a nice bottle of Scotch...by the time we're done with it someone will likely be 'influenced' enough to climb a tree...on second thought, I've had experience with the tolerance to alcohol a couple of these members posses, so I'll pack two.
Old 08-31-2022, 02:05 PM   #76

Still trying to arrange things so I can attend.
I cannot seem to see the process of arrival or where you enter the park. Do you need to register at a gatehouse, do you say you are on G1 and what is the payment method, can you pay with a credit card or is it cash? If cash, how much is it so we can have some on hand?
None of this will be news to your seasoned US-based travelers but it is different for us north of the border. Advice, please.
asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 04:01 PM   #77

asgard, copy and paste this into Google Maps "Green Ridge State Forest Group Campsite G-1". This is a State forest with multiple entrance points spread out over 49,000 acres with 100 miles of gravel and dirt roads, so no gate house. There is a headquarters off of another exit, but there should be no reason to stop there as I have already paid for the site. Anyone that wants to throw in a few bucks to help me recoup some costs (and keep the wife from yelling at me) are welcome to do so sometime during your stay. When it gets closer, I will ask for vehicle details and such, so there will be no further need to sign in or register.
Felix, glad you are coming, best to be safe and bring 2 bottles!
BTW, alcohol is permitted at the campsite.
Old 08-31-2022, 05:14 PM   #78

Many thanks for the guidance. Are these roads suitable for us mere 2 wd people?
asgard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2022, 05:39 PM   #79

asgard, yes, your mere 2WD will be just fine for the section we are staying in! There are some "4x4 Only" sections for anyone wanting to play, although some of those sections have height clearance issues for us tall guys.
Old 09-07-2022, 05:39 PM   #80

Counting down. The weather forecast is looking good, everything is in place and set to go. Hoping we can convince a couple more to join in.