Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-14-2024, 09:15 PM   #1

First trip 2024

After a bunch of snow and rain it finely turned sunny for a few days here in Oregon so Ann and I headed to the beach for a few days of sun, surf and relaxation. It will be nice to be away from all the projects at home.

This is the first time we have had the van out this year and the first time driving it wearing my hearing aids. There are all sorts of noises and rattles that I never noticed before.

larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 03:47 AM   #2

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
After a bunch of snow and rain it finely turned sunny for a few days here in Oregon so Ann and I headed to the beach for a few days of sun, surf and relaxation. It will be nice to be away from all the projects at home.

This is the first time we have had the van out this year and the first time driving it wearing my hearing aids. There are all sorts of noises and rattles that I never noticed before.
Sounds like a good trip.

I know exactly what you mean when wearing hearing aides. I turn mine down when driving sometimes. My last pair, always during extended highway driving. The current pair, sometimes.
Old 03-15-2024, 07:32 AM   #3

Glad to hear old blue is still rolling Larrie. Even the new ones rattle and shake though.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 08:35 AM   #4

Enjoy your trip ! Watch out for the crazies out there on the highway !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 12:22 PM   #5

Yikes…I’m thinking about getting hearing aids, but my van makes too many noises already. ��
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2024, 09:35 PM   #6

I usually do not wear them when driving by myself. Ann is with me on this trip so I am wearing them. Otherwise I cannot what she is saying over road noise.

Yes Eric, old blue is still going strong. Have thought about selling her because she sits in the driveway most of the time. Then we go on a trip and I cannot see parting with her. I enjoy her to much.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 06:05 AM   #7

I think a lot of us feel that way sometimes but then the weather changes and the wanderlust comes again.

Just remember how hard it would be to replace!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2024, 09:00 AM   #8

Larrie -- go as long and as hard as you can - even if you've been there before ! My van's got some algae growing on the roof again - and now "maybe" here comes back surgery !

Gonna have to get a chauffeur I guess !
doublevan2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:20 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post

Ahh! Good to know that hearing aids could become a topic on this forum. My most recent pair comes pre -programmed with a choice for driving/flying mode. It’s very effective meeting the challenges of suppressing the awesome (otherwise) sound of the 7.3PSD. I’m now in the process of having ear molds made for them, mainly for music while driving. The ear molds will be bright and visible by choice!
Vindisl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2024, 11:43 AM   #10

Hearing aids

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vindisl View Post
Ahh! Good to know that hearing aids could become a topic on this forum. My most recent pair comes pre -programmed with a choice for driving/flying mode. It’s very effective meeting the challenges of suppressing the awesome (otherwise) sound of the 7.3PSD. I’m now in the process of having ear molds made for them, mainly for music while driving. The ear molds will be bright and visible by choice!
Not to derail the posters post but may I inquire what brand and model aids you guys chose. Was using Costco but wasn’t really hearing speech well so I’m going to a higher cost and hopefully better speech recognition phonack 90.
Crabbyjerry is offline   Reply With Quote