Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-23-2020, 06:36 PM   #1

Need camping site near Portland Oregon

My wife and I are going to OHSU in Portland for my medical condition. We will be there March 5th and 6th but I don't know how much longer after that we will be there, it all depends on what the Doctors say after my tests. I'm coming from California to find some medical help. I have reserved a tent site at Champoeg State Heritage Area, but I just plan on Boondocking in the parking lot since we don't want to tent camp plus we will have our dogs. I did find a parking lot near the hospital that has several campers in it so i'm thinking I might check it out for a couple nights if it's not too sketchy. Anybody know of a place that is close to the hospital and legit?

Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2020, 08:26 PM   #2

Garage
Russell, sorry to hear you have to mess with this. Hope all works out well. I used to work at OHSU and would make the following suggestions: 1) call the main number and tell the nice person that you want to park your (very small) RV there. I used to see a whole section of one of the parking lots with RV’s in it. OHSU is a regional medical center and many folks come from far away so you shouldn’t have a problem. You may have already checked out this link:

https://www.ohsu.edu/visit/rv-parkin...ts-reservation

2) If you need hookups or want to stay longer, this place is darn nice and maybe 10 miles from OHSU, if that, and a quick drive down the freeway.

Jantzen Beach RV Park

Barring all of that, feel free to get in touch via PM and I’ll see what more I can find out for you.
Old 02-23-2020, 10:28 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Russell, sorry to hear you have to mess with this. Hope all works out well. I used to work at OHSU and would make the following suggestions: 1) call the main number and tell the nice person that you want to park your (very small) RV there. I used to see a whole section of one of the parking lots with RV’s in it. OHSU is a regional medical center and many folks come from far away so you shouldn’t have a problem. You may have already checked out this link:

https://www.ohsu.edu/visit/rv-parkin...ts-reservation

2) If you need hookups or want to stay longer, this place is darn nice and maybe 10 miles from OHSU, if that, and a quick drive down the freeway.

Jantzen Beach RV Park

Barring all of that, feel free to get in touch via PM and I’ll see what more I can find out for you.
Thank you for the information, I will look into it, I appreciate your help.
Russell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2020, 03:26 PM   #4

Besides at the Hospital, there's no campground in the city center area. Jantzen Beach isn't far distance-wise, but can be 60-90 minutes at the wrong time of day from OHSU. There's another nice RV park on Marine Drive, about halfway to PDX. But traffic situation will be similar, although at least you have side street options during rush hour.

There is an RV Park in Beaverton behind the Transit Center, but they have a waitlist for RVs. RV Wait List – Mobile Home Corral & RV Park Beaverton, Oregon

Another campground in the metro area is in Tigard: https://roamersrestrvpark.com
Not that close to OHSU, but traffic generally flow a little better than to Jantzen beach in the afternoon. But still up to an hour driving. The good news is you can take the bus to the hospital with a single transfer.

Beware the rush hour traffic in Portland can be every bit as bad as the Bay Area. I highly recommend renting an AirBNB with good transit options, rather than using your camper outside of city limits, if you think you'll be making frequent trips.
Old 03-01-2020, 01:05 PM   #5

come to the Coast... BTW I was Born in Lompoc .. You need to visit the Southern Oregon Coast.. this is the View and you can camp everywhere here... Lastly you are welcome to my Yard ...

https://goldbeachoregon.com/
Vanzila is offline   Reply With Quote