Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-08-2021, 06:59 PM   #41

I realize this is an old thread but didnt feel the need for a new one. I recieved my new deaver springs this week and just installed them. I gave them all the info they requested and asked if they can assure me that the van would only increase about 2" in height. I realize its not something they can get exactly right but my van now rides about 4.5" higher in the rear. Erroring on the low side and having a small block seems like a better scenario than this. I was excited to have the rear lifted back up and ride quality improved but now I'm sitting here feeling like I just wasted hours of my day.

Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 08:48 PM   #42
Site Team

Garage
I probably posted in this thread but I had the opposite happen. Deaver did the work. After returning from their shop I found my van sagged in the rear. They sent me a couple of leafs which I had installed here.

Being their spring packs have multiple leafs, I'd just call them to see what they are willing to help with. At least with my experience I got some good customer service. But I will admit my whole van lifted way more than expected and had to move up in tire size to look right.

Sportsmobile 4X4 Adventures..........On and off road adventures
daveb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-08-2021, 10:34 PM   #43
Site Team

Garage
Just saying I gave them all the info they asked on weight and ride height and they did a great job. Not saying you didn’t but I had a great experience with Jeff.

Most the time the Copilot is Now Sophie dog the noise maker.

2000 7.3 PS Quigley/RB30 with a 6 window poptop.
Gooseberry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2021, 06:31 AM   #44

Garage
Glad I bailed on my order with them. Horrible customer service. I was completely ignored, and after three months they hadn't started my job.
Old 05-09-2021, 08:01 AM   #45

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by daveb View Post
I probably posted in this thread but I had the opposite happen. Deaver did the work. After returning from their shop I found my van sagged in the rear. They sent me a couple of leafs which I had installed here.

Being their spring packs have multiple leafs, I'd just call them to see what they are willing to help with. At least with my experience I got some good customer service. But I will admit my whole van lifted way more than expected and had to move up in tire size to look right.
Same here. Mine needs to go back to Oregon auto spring to be corrected. I was very specific about not having lift blocks and I have them and it still sags. Ride is great though.
Old 05-09-2021, 11:32 AM   #46

Oly11: How's the ride quality? If it's stiffer than you prefer, you can start pulling leaves out and both spring rate and ride height with drop. It'll take a bit of trial and error to zero in on your sweet spot.

If you're happy with the way it rides, you can try a set of longer shackles to lower it a bit. 1" longer at the shackle will drop your ride height roughly 1/2", 2" longer will drop about 1" of ride height, etc. With as many broken shackles as I've seen on heavy buildouts, this option seems worth doing anyway just to install something beefier. The old f-series parts fit and there's plenty of options available for length. I wouldn't expect to be able to fit enough extra length to compensate for 2.5" too much lift, but a combination of longer shackles and removing a leaf or 2 should get you there. You'll need to check/shim for proper pinion angle when running longer shackles since it's only moving 1 end of the spring and rolling your pinion down in the process.
TheLetterJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2021, 06:57 AM   #47

I will call Jeff today when they open to discuss options but yes the ride quality does seem to be nice. I only did a quick lap after installation so far.
Old 05-14-2021, 10:49 AM   #48

LetterJ- ride quality seems to much improved and I'm looking forward to driving it a bit more to experience the difference over stock springs.
Old 05-14-2021, 11:02 AM   #49

After talking with Jeff at Deaver, he is going to make me nee springs that are 2" lower. Hes not sure what happened but has been great to work with and said "we need to get this right for you and removing layers isnt the right way".
That said, when my new springs get here in 3-4 weeks I will have to ship these current ones back. Jeff said if I could find someone who wants to buy them that would be great for him. So if anyone in the PNW is wanting new springs without the 8-10 week wait let me know. My rear axle weighs about 5k and these lifted me about 4.5".
Old 05-14-2021, 02:44 PM   #50

I've had the exact opposite happen (not Dever though). My new rear springs ended up with the rear about 3in too low, despite having the van measured by shop owner. I'm currently trying to work this out with the shop, but no luck so far. Your Devers might be perfect for me, but I've already paid for a new set so I hope to have the shop fix them.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote