So after Thanksgiving we had a great camping trip in NorCal.. But it rained. A lot.
My Fiamma was awesome, except for the couple inches between the rain gutter on the van and the awning itself. So, I needed a solution. No sense having a nice dry van, and a nice dry patio, if you get wet going between the two.
I picked up some flexible 1/16 ABS plastic, had it cut to a little over 8' by 3".. Cost me $3.
I then dropped it into the gutter and attached it to the back of the awning with some machine screws. I did not attach to the van, allowing it to move a little.
I think it's going to work, although once it's been tested I am going to remove it and put some adhesive sealant between it and the awning to be 100% sure no water gets through..
before I trimmed off excess bolt length:
I only went from front bracket to rear, allowing the brackets to help support the front and rear of ABS piece, wasn't sure they should just be floating out there, probably get torn up by branches, etc: