One of the things my SMB is lacking is any sort of shower system. I plan on using the van for my usual weekend surf outings, so having the ability to rinse off is a big plus.
The current set up in the van is pretty basic:
- 10 Gallon Tank
- Standard water pump (with on/off switch in cab)
- Sink/dual knob faucet
Here are some thoughts:
1. Try and find an adapter that screws on to the end of my faucet - seems like the easiest option, but then I have to drag a hose through the main part of my van which could get messy. Plus, the faucet head only has 2 threads when you remove the filter cover, which doesn't seem like it would create a sufficient seal.
2. Cut in a 3 way valve after the water pump that has a hose fitting connection. This would allow me to place the hose in the rear near the tank itself (much more ideal location). Though, I'm having trouble finding a T valve that fits the bill.
Here's what I'm envisioning:
Here are my questions:
1. Would either of the above options actually work? Do you foresee any issues with either? Keep in mind that I'm not looking for a high powered shower, or a full blown outdoor shower box, just something to quickly rinse off with.
2. Does such a valve exist? I've been searching for RV plumbing fittings but can't seem to find one that has a standard hose connection and is 3 way. I believe the tubing I have currently is 3/4".
3. If I went ahead with the valve splice, what should I use to secure the valve? Looks like SMB uses some sort of metal ring that slides over the fitting after the connection is made.
As always, thanks for the insight!