Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2022, 03:15 PM   #1

Sienna Seat mounting (non-recliner)

I think I may have made a mistake and bought the wrong kind of Sienna Seat. A guy has been selling them like they're easy to adapt, etc... but looking at his bases, I can't figure it out.

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace...6327441711045/

I also noticed someone selling the same type of seat here claiming they fit the u-joint bases with slight modification, but I can't find any example of it and the seller hasn't responded so I'm wondering if anyone else knows how to mount these seats...otherwise maybe i'm reselling my seat and looking for something else or fabbing a custom mount for these.

https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/fo...ner-30092.html

WillTheThri11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2022, 01:40 PM   #2

Im the one on Expedition Portal that made the brackets and used the 6 way electric bases. Everyone has their own opinion on whats comfortable to them in terms of seating. What i can tell you is that if you have a non reclining seat youre not going to want them on a fixed base. In my opinion the Sienna seats leave alot to be desired in terms of comfort and if you arent able to adjust it up, down, tilt, forward and back as your body fatiques, you will hate them.

Again thats just my opinion.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 11:15 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Im the one on Expedition Portal that made the brackets and used the 6 way electric bases. Everyone has their own opinion on whats comfortable to them in terms of seating. What i can tell you is that if you have a non reclining seat youre not going to want them on a fixed base. In my opinion the Sienna seats leave alot to be desired in terms of comfort and if you arent able to adjust it up, down, tilt, forward and back as your body fatiques, you will hate them.

Again thats just my opinion.
Cool, i like that for the front seats. Unfortunately at the moment my main aim is to get a forward facing seat with child restraint for my little one. Looks like you are using the recliners and installing them as front seats. I think at some point I may also go for the front seats too, but want to get a trip or two in with the little one sorted first.
Old 06-21-2022, 02:06 PM   #4

Regardless which row youre installing the Sienna setas in they will require the same type of modification. I dont know of anyone that sold 2nd row or front row seat brackets for the Sienna seats that did not require the same type of modifications to the seat itself.

Ujoint Offroad was selling 2nd row brackets at one point, Weldtec Designs was selling them as well, I dont know if MGmetalworks was selling 2nd row or not but they sold front brackets. They all required modification to the seat itself.
ScrapIron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 02:12 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrapIron View Post
Regardless which row youre installing the Sienna setas in they will require the same type of modification. I dont know of anyone that sold 2nd row or front row seat brackets for the Sienna seats that did not require the same type of modifications to the seat itself.

Ujoint Offroad was selling 2nd row brackets at one point, Weldtec Designs was selling them as well, I dont know if MGmetalworks was selling 2nd row or not but they sold front brackets. They all required modification to the seat itself.
MG is out of the biz

U joint says their brackets only work with recliners

Weldtec brackets for middle row are for two seats (and I think they only fit the recliners too). I have a sideways facing rollover that will be next to the Sienna seat so I would have to cut it in half if it does somehow also work with the non-recliner/footrest model.
Old 06-21-2022, 03:22 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by WillTheThri11 View Post
...MG is out of the biz...
For clarity...I'm not out of the biz...just out of the Sienna seat game and all related adapter brackets to those seats. I still manufacture adapter brackets for (and sold through) Scheel-Mann USA for their line of seats but that's a wholesale relationship. I don't do any seat related stuff on an individual basis unless it is part of a bigger build.

From what I've seen of the latest model year Sienna, they are different than the brackets I used to make. Different animal altogether so you'd be doing something custom if you wanted to fit those seats in the front or the back.

When I had the Sienna seats in our van, the kids and most passengers loved the recliners in the back. In the front they were ok for about the first hour of seat time and then the memory foam would flatten out. Better than the stock seat for me but not as good as the Scheel-Mann seats by a long ways.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2022, 03:28 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
For clarity...I'm not out of the biz...just out of the Sienna seat game and all related adapter brackets to those seats.

Copy that!

Unrelated, but what about the ARB bumper brackets? I sent you an email via the expovans website and never heard back.

Tags
captains chairs, sienna