Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-11-2008, 06:07 PM   #141

Oh yeah Craig, I remember now. I think I had too many beers to remember.

On another note, didn't we have 9 people in your van in DV?

steve

Does anyone really read this stuff other than surfgeek?
cellularSTEVE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2008, 07:14 PM   #142

Thats right 9 in the BIG van

Craig
05 EB 50 V10 4x4 Baja Tan
calclimber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 09:20 PM   #143
NRL

Send a message via Yahoo to NRL
Put in some new Captain Chairs a few months ago; untop original swivel.
http://www.discountvantruck.com/:
Here are the pics:

Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
2005 AMG CL65 691hp 875tq
NRL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:15 PM   #144

Send a message via ICQ to jlrray Send a message via AIM to jlrray Send a message via MSN to jlrray Send a message via Yahoo to jlrray
those are nice..

I was thinking of replacing mine to make the drive a bit more comfortable. How do you like them so far? Hows the lower back support? Which ones did you get? Those LEON seats look really nice

JOe
jlrray is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 09:37 PM   #145
NRL

Re: those are nice..

Quote:
Originally Posted by jlrray
I was thinking of replacing mine to make the drive a bit more comfortable. How do you like them so far? Hows the lower back support? Which ones did you get? Those LEON seats look really nice

JOe
Love them. I feel they are alot better then the stock cloth seats. No issues yet.
The only missing adjustment is lumbar adjustment; it's an option I didnt get. It's basic, no electronic adjustments, just recliner, and moves forward or back; it uses the existing swivel and it fits when it turns..

I got the "Magellan" model with the durable more leather then leather (real soft) vinyl. Approx ~$375 each. I bought 2 seats with a third matching child middle seat that came with a seatbelt. Came out to ~$1000 for everything.

I was dead set on getting real leather when I went to the factory to check it out. I think that Prestige Illusion material was unreal soft like baby calf leather but the specs on it was really impressive for durability, UV index, etc; that it made me change my mind.
The gaucho couch is next with the same material..
It definitely took care of the "need" to get new seats.
Warn12kWinch,FFloater,LSlip,Pwtrx Locker 4.10 305x70x16 ToyoMTs,Eagle Alloys,Stove,4CF Ppane Fridge, Air CompTank,Supersprings, Bilstein Shocks,Deavers,CastIron Diff Case, Bullet Proof ReBuilt Transmission, Tubulator DeRale Trans Pan Cover, SSExhaust, KyoceraSolar, Tripplite UPS, 8D AGM, TivoHD, 24in HDLED
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 09-28-2008, 04:04 PM   #146

Finally installed the rear tire rack I bought from Kelly (dawgtnt).

After reading about a spare winch cable breaking and dropping the spare on the road it seemed like a good change to make.

I moved it 2" to the right (so it doesn't block any of the taillight). That also means the tire blocks the passenger side door. If I lock the tire rack, the rear doors are 'double-locked'.

Since I don't have a factory bumper, I had to modify the bumper a little. Removed some of the plastic wearguard for rack clearance.

And, since my wheels are not stock van wheels, I had to change the bolt pattern and spacing of the rack. I made some 1.75" offset brackets from the 8x6.5" rack to the 8x170mm wheel.

Mike
2012 E250 Hitop camper
Ford_6L_E350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:04 PM   #147

Texture Coated Aluminess

I Texture coated the top of the rear Aluminess Bumper as I was tired of the slippery conditions that prevailed with wet feet or when it was covered with Talc . I t came out real nice and was much less expensive than Line X or the Rhino coating's . I ended up using the DupliColor Truck Bed spray . I also exchanged the incandescent Porch Light for a very low ampere draw LED and finished measuring and laying out the mounting location's for the Tantrum Rock Light Kit .
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 01:49 AM   #148
NRL

I did a few things to help with heat management underneath where the exhaust pipes run... overall its helped by being overall 20 to 30 degrees cooler; transmission temp, floor temp and underneath temps..

Here are more pics:
http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/viewto ... 4532#14532
95 FJ80 ARB/Kaymar/Emu
Old 09-29-2008, 07:50 AM   #149

Heat Management

NRL ,
Looks like a clean solution and install , What type , width and length of Insulation did you use and from whom did you purchase the material .
This is on my to do list including the Transmission Pan . Were their any installation issue's with this vented Transmission Pan ?
Greggde
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 10:24 AM   #150

Re: Texture Coated Aluminess

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggde
I Texture coated the top of the rear Aluminess Bumper as I was tired of the slippery conditions that prevailed with wet feet or when it was covered with Talc . I t came out real nice and was much less expensive than Line X or the Rhino coating's . I ended up using the DupliColor Truck Bed spray . I also exchanged the incandescent Porch Light for a very low ampere draw LED and finished measuring and laying out the mounting location's for the Tantrum Rock Light Kit .
Greggde
Did you prep the surface of the aluminess any? It's pretty slick and I've just about busted my neck once climbing up on the front bumper to check the oil once. I was thinking about putting some sandpaper strips like I did on my ladder.
https://www.sportsmobileforum.com/alb...43791a54be.jpg
Buji is offline   Reply With Quote