Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-04-2017, 07:47 PM   #2371

Quote:
Originally Posted by skoronesa View Post
Finally wired my winch! Now I need to find/get some rollers and wire the foglights.

I showed my wife how to use it and now she says she will feel obligated to help people in the winter.
Skoronesa - I checked my basement - The rollers I thought I had for you are gone Sorry!!!

Old 06-04-2017, 07:58 PM   #2372

Quote:
Originally Posted by stayalert View Post
Skoronesa - I checked my basement - The rollers I thought I had for you are gone Sorry!!!
It's all good, I sent a message to the dealer of my winch. I need a square nut too. I think I may end up just making one. The hardest part, literally, will be drilling out the bar stock. I wish I had a lathe. Somewhere I have a 4' long piece of 1" ss rod. I figure I can use some of the left over rectangular tube stock for the roller frame.

Without a lathe or welder things do at first seem more difficult but I usually end up finding a way to build what I want stronger than if I welded it and easier to disassemble.
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2017, 08:07 PM   #2373

Started on u and ball joints, seals, oil, and did I mention the new interior

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 08:02 PM   #2374

Couldn't find my ss bar stock so I started making a roller set with 1/2" threaded rod in the middle of 1/2" emt conduit inside of 3/4" black iron pipe. The vertical rollers are finished now I just need to do the horizontal rollers which will require making some brackets but should be pretty easy.

I also bought another 20$ drill bit(Ithink they up'd the price those fockers!) And replaced the passenger side 3/8" bumper bolts with 5/8". 8 bolts rated conservatively at 1,200 lbs a piece should be more than sufficient.

I think I will try to push my self to wire the fog lights next.
skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2017, 11:52 PM   #2375

Tried to get my A/C & Starcool system looked at but got denied. Next weekend's commute might suck, but at least we'll be camping
gcvt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 09:56 PM   #2376

Rattle canned my stock wheels and hoop steps. The PO's rattle can job was starting to flake off. Won't last long on the steps but should be OK on the wheels for a bit. Gonna let them bake in the sun tomorrow and possibly do a second coat.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk
Old 06-16-2017, 06:36 AM   #2377

Garage
^^^ I need to do my hoop steps too. after I fix the drivers one though. one of the holes broke through and now its only held on by one attachment point. huge pita when your used to having a step there

also, heres an easy way to mask off a tire when painting wheels. an old deck or cards or something similar. reusable as well

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 10:46 AM   #2378

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
also, heres an easy way to mask off a tire when painting wheels. an old deck or cards or something similar. reusable as well
Very nice! slightly more elegant than my painter's tape method, and I like that it is reusable. I still need to paint the spare, I will go scrounge up an old deck of cards thanks!
Old 06-16-2017, 11:12 AM   #2379

Garage
np, glad to assist! masking off tires is a pita. ive used the subscription cards in magazines, index cards, and of course, old playing cards. makes quick work of masking off the rubber
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 11:25 AM   #2380

You know what else is easy Ben? Buying some nice new wheels!
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote