Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-20-2019, 05:16 PM   #2851

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
We use to carry our traction boards and shovel on the roof rack. It was a pain to climb up and get them. Looked at different mounting systems for them and ended up making my own. There is no movement when on rough roads.

Cut a round piece of 1/2” plywood with top and bottom slots. Added mounting bolts and a couple of mounts for a shovel and an axe.

The plywood fits tight against the tire.

And is held in place by 2 inch ratchet strap.

That's a great addition. I always have a small shovel, sometimes a full size one, but never thought of carrying traction boards.

skoronesa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2019, 07:42 AM   #2852

Garage
That is genius.
Old 08-08-2019, 02:16 PM   #2853

Finally installed rear pop out windows. Yes! Been hanging onto them for a couple months. Thank you LA craigslist rear pop out window guy

Next up, painting pop out specific rear window trim pieces. They are currently tan. Anyone know a good plastic spray paint match for Ford interior grey?
Old 08-08-2019, 02:52 PM   #2854

Garage
ACR install, sawy barbushings and 2nd handle on door

I got a few things going this summer: finally installed the Blue Sea ACR, with linked battery setting for starting, installed the anti-sway bar bushings, and added an extra handle on my side door. The Blue Sea ACR (Automatic Charging Relay) lets a charge at either battery bank charge the other, as in alternator charging one way, and solar panels the other. Who can also isolate the batteries, or connect them all to start the engine when there's an issue. To use the start feature who need heavy wire, I used 2/0 marine cable. The hardest part was figuring out where to run the cable, and later running it. I've been sitting on these anti-sway bar bushings over a year, thinking that I needed an air hammer. They were a bit of a pain to get the old ones out. I don't have an air hammer, so used just a hammer, bead blaster and a chisel. My Van came with just the lower handle, which is great when you're down below, yet the upper handle is best when you're in the Van. Newer versions seem to only use the upper handle placement. Now I have both. Will head out soon to test all these things. Happy Traveling.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_0338.jpg   IMG_0340.jpg   IMG_0339.jpg   IMG_0346.jpg  
Fool120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2019, 10:35 AM   #2855

Running Boards or No Running Boards

I've been trying to decide what to do with the old running boards on our E250 EB30. I thought I'd just take them off but when I did that the grey water plumbing, propane rig and starcool works were all showing hanging down below the body line. So I Rhino Lined em black and put them back on. I like it!
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20190809_161801.jpg  
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:03 PM   #2856

I replaced the pop top gasket, never a fun job, they seem to last 7.5 years for me as this is the second time. I have a 12' and a 6' scraps left if anyone wants them.
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:07 PM   #2857

Garage
I replaced my Fantasticfan with a MaxxFan. I did it mainly because I've had rain come in a few times when I wasn't expecting rain and I wanted more ventilation when it was raining. It is very quiet on the lower speeds with a correspondingly low current draw so I should be able to let it run all night. It should help vent heat from the refrigerator when it's raining. It does stick up a bit more than my other fan. I hope the extra drag won't affect my MPG to much, it is somewhat flat in front.
wanderers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2019, 05:12 PM   #2858

Garage
Aluminum Cargo Basket

Got my cargo basket installed. It’s all aluminum and as light as a feather.

Old 08-18-2019, 08:23 PM   #2859

I replaced the rear pop top latch with the new style available on the Sportsmobile Store. A very nice design. I will also be replacing the 2 front ones when I get motivated again.
2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 05:14 PM   #2860

Finely got around to replacing the backup camera today with a eRapta ERT01 from Amazon. Had to remove a bunch of trim pieces in the living area and also pull the panels off the dash as well as the head unit to run the wires. It took most of the day for the entire project. It works great.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote