Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-10-2016, 02:39 PM   #2021

A busy weekend:

A new compressor tank drain valve (anyone have advice for getting oil into the tank to reduce rust?), a towel bar by the sink, the door claw, and prototype Max-Trax mount.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9109.jpg   IMG_9110.jpg   IMG_9112.jpg   IMG_9113.jpg  

Old 07-10-2016, 02:42 PM   #2022

Garage
I love that color.

Also wanted to add something I didnt do but thought for sure I'm not the first person to be told, "Sweet lift kit on that van!"...

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2016, 05:34 PM   #2023

Quote:
Originally Posted by BVerhulst View Post
A new compressor tank drain valve (anyone have advice for getting oil into the tank to reduce rust?).
If you use it for tires, oil is probably not the best thing to add to the air. As for reducing rust in the tank, crack the drain valve after every use. You'll never stop water in the tank with an OBA system, so best to just drain it.
SheepShagger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 10:59 AM   #2024

Replaced my 12 year old Sure Power battery isolator. Diode blown.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3335.jpg  

The Green TARDIS
LenS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-14-2016, 12:12 PM   #2025

Went to the RV store and left more confused about inverter/chargers than before I walked in................haha........I believe they know less about them than I do
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2016, 12:12 PM   #2026

Completed my shower install.

In the original conversion there was a small sink with a shower wand. The PO removed all of that cabinetry but left the opening with the pex piping exposed. He also gave me the leftover pieces and extra vinyl trim to match the rest of the interior.

I decided to add an exterior shower box and extra long hose which gives me the option to shower inside or out depending on the season. I housed this in a cabinet which would also snugly fit the porta potty.

In order to leave the original pex fittings and insulation intact, I chose to run the piping directly into the cabinet rather than back through the wall. I drilled 5/8 holes to route the piping. It fits like a glove and keeps the piping secure.

The biggest chore was getting proper fittings with the pex crimper. It was particularly challenging in tight spaces. Once finished I was relieved to find no leaks and great pressure from the shower wand.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_5691.jpg   IMG_5745.jpg   IMG_5755.jpg   IMG_5756.jpg  
Old 07-16-2016, 01:39 PM   #2027

Quote:
Originally Posted by LenS View Post
Replaced my 12 year old Sure Power battery isolator. Diode blown.

Any reason that you went with another isolator rather than a separator?

...just curious....
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:51 PM   #2028

Garage
Well, we are finishing a three week tour of Lassen, Bend, Olympic Pennensula and the Oregon Coast. We made an appointment to speak with Peter at SMB West for this morning, as we would be nearby on our way home. We wanted some solar info. Well while we were there we asked Peter if they could install it today and Peter said yes. So we waited around a few hours while MoMo got a solar upgrade. When finished the solar was out- putting 8 amps. The mounts look beefy and the spring adjustment will make popping up the penthouse easier.
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 05:56 PM   #2029

Quote:
Originally Posted by skyrat View Post
Well, we are finishing a three week tour of Lassen, Bend, Olympic Pennensula and the Oregon Coast. We made an appointment to speak with Peter at SMB West for this morning, as we would be nearby on our way home. We wanted some solar info. Well while we were there we asked Peter if they could install it today and Peter said yes. So we waited around a few hours while MoMo got a solar upgrade. When finished the solar was out- putting 8 amps. The mounts look beefy and the spring adjustment will make popping up the penthouse easier.
Very nice George! Solar is so worth the money...

2000 Ford E-350 7.3L Quigley 4x4 hard top with custom interior by Xtreme Fab - Sold
KTMRIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2016, 09:38 PM   #2030

Garage
We were needing it bad when at Point Sublime on the North Rim without moving for almost 3 full days... Pricey, but hope to get it back in convenience and hopefully a longer life on the Lifeline battery I installed earlier this summer. Just got in and home for a bit now.

Eric,
How is your rig handling? Mine took a day or two to settle in and I am happier than ever with the ride and handling. The rear suspension is more active than ever, but it is not rough at all. Corners and turns at high speed very well for us. It was good before, but now it is way better. Stance is better too!
2000 4Runner Limited 4WD

But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us. Romans 5:8
skyrat is offline   Reply With Quote