Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-28-2011, 08:38 AM   #791

Re: What did you do to your SMB today?

Looks great , It sure changed the appearance of your Van ! Who's drive shafts are you planning to use ? I ask because I have never been pleased with the Shafts on our SportsMobile . I have been planning on going down and having Currie see what they could design for our Van . Keep up the good work I am sure you will be pleased with your results!
Greggd

Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2011, 09:35 AM   #792
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greggd
Looks great , It sure changed the appearance of your Van ! Who's drive shafts are you planning to use ? I ask because I have never been pleased with the Shafts on our SportsMobile . I have been planning on going down and having Currie see what they could design for our Van . Keep up the good work I am sure you will be pleased with your results!
Greggd
I've been very happy with the driveshafts I had High Angle Driveline make for my Bronco. Their website is attrocious, but their products are great. I'd recommend calling them to discuss your needs.

http://www.highangledriveline.com/

Herb
Old 11-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #793

Thank you Herb I will check them out .
Greggd
Greggd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2011, 12:04 AM   #794

Location: Rancho Nuevo (Cabo/Todos Santos) B.C.S. and San Diego, CA

Jess at High Angle would be a good choice. I use San Diego Drive Line for our race trucks.

AgileOffRoad.com
BajaSportsmobile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 03:25 PM   #795

Finely found a set of used captains chairs to replace the ones that came with the van. They are much more comfortable that the old ones. They are more like buckets. The good thing is that they bolted directly to the existing swivel bases so did not have to do any modifications.

Once the seats were in and level I took her for a drive around town and did some shopping. It has not been out of the driveway since September.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 05:25 PM   #796

Thought id post a few pics of a bike rack that i threw together yesterday. i know its not rocket science or that complicated, but i thought it might be worth posting here. im pretty sure someone else or multiple folks here on this forum have done somthing similar.
ive been hating the bike hitch racks due to them hindering my access to the rear of that van, being generally cumbersome, and bike racks on the roof are tough to deal with day in and day out.
this seems to be a good way to go for 2-3 bikes that will be used a few times a week. got the black powdercoated ladder from smb west and then cut one thule bar in half, measures 32 inches each. and used a newer style thule rail mount to grab onto the ladder (had it sitting around from a 4 runner that we no longer have). seems to be pretty solid and the bikes ride nice back there.
i think that the use of yakima bars, or round ones in general, would be more versatile with this particular set of angles,( i thought abuot a ski rack here too) but for bikes these thule bars work fine.
also i found that a full wash and hand wax job on the big van is a full day job...but worth it...so shiny.
jas
Attached Thumbnails
PC040006.JPG   PC040007.JPG   PC040008.JPG  
yondermountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 09:18 PM   #797

What did you do to your SMB today?

Took my SMB into my mechanic today for a full checkup. When I bought it in April I did not have time for him to look at it. Now that the rainy season is here it seemed like the perfect opportunity to get it checked.

Larrie
89 Ford 2WD penthouse
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 10:34 PM   #798

Garage
What did you do to your SMB today?

Took the rig to install Anzacs bumper, PIA lights, new floor, webasto heater, swivel passenger seat, hi-lift, and house batteries. I didn't notice the vacuum money hole in the rig when I bought it. Didn't someone say once they were done spending money on their van? I'd like to speak with them.

Brad
Old 12-10-2011, 04:55 AM   #799
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by vandiesel
Took the rig to install Anzacs bumper, PIA lights, new floor, webasto heater, swivel passenger seat, hi-lift, and house batteries. I didn't notice the vacuum money hole in the rig when I bought it. Didn't someone say once they were done spending money on their van? I'd like to speak with them.

Brad
That was me. I did slow down, but I haven't stopped spending money on my rig yet. In fact, I just added a couple of tiny little embellishments to my SMB yesterday.

Happy spending!

Mac
Old 12-10-2011, 09:37 AM   #800

Earlier this week I removed the microwave since we never use it and built a drawer to go in its place. I ordered a drawer face and latch from SMB so it looks decent.
I also added a Polk Audio 8" dual port subwoofer and amplifier, repaired the exterior shower (froze and broke ), installed the Scanguage II, and spent 2 hours re-wiring my trailer lights only to find out it was a blown fuse in the van.

Also I decided to pull the taillights to see if there might be a void space that didn't already have insulation. Wow! Both pillars are wide open and bare metal. I cut sections of Reflectex and sandwiched R13 fiberglass insulation with it. The pillar's open cavity goes from below the taillight all the way up to where the water lines are routed. No wonder our lines freeze so easily. It was quick and easy, all accessible through the taillights. I recommend that everyone do this if they camp in extreme temps.

Filled up the all the tanks and packing today for our 1500 mile trip to Saline Valley!
saline is offline   Reply With Quote