Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-07-2013, 11:17 PM   #11

Re: Coverking Tactical Seat Covers

I ordered Coverking front seat covers via Costco about two years ago. I never mentions SMB, just 2004 E-350. The covers fit, the single arm rest covers fit, totally satisfied with them. I never got around to ordering for my 2 rear captain chairs. They are built the same but armrests on each side so I guess that would be a complication. These were not the "tactical" style covers and the material is a bit stretchy.

2004 SMB 4x4 RB 6.0 PSD; ARP Head Studs, Gen 3 Cylinder Heads, BPD Oil Cooler connected to AMSOil Bypass, a whistling Wicked Wheel Turbo, Coolant Filter, Upgraded alternator, ScanGauge, SCT custom and SMB Fox shocks.
BFG 285/75 R16 KM3 Mud Terrains on ProComp 7069's
PatO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 11:31 PM   #12

There was an interior style change in 1996 (I think). They went from dual armrests to a single arm rest on the right and a door mounted arm rest on the left. The bolt pattern of the base changed also. I've got a '92 and tried to buy some used seats from Quadvan NW but they didn't fit.

Gnarvan 1992 E350 Clubwagon
Advanced 4WD Systems Conversion

Sotar Legend 12.5' X 22" Cataraft
2003 BMW R1150GS-Adventure
2013 BMW R1200GS-Adventure
Gnarvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2013, 08:45 AM   #13

Garage

I installed Coverkings on my 2006, fit perfectly, no complaints. The tactical ones are cool but they wouldn't allow you to swivel the seat around.

Old 02-08-2013, 10:01 AM   #14

I looked at these before redoing my interior. The space behind the driver seat is full of Engel Combi 65 refridge/freezer, the space behind the passenger seat is needed for ingress/egress, and, swiveling would be impossible. We put a homemade pouch system on the walls instead, and, we really like that set up.
"... torpedo'd, because we don't generally cotton to bullshit around here." -jage
"... do they ooch apart in the night?" -Dia
twogone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2013, 12:14 PM   #15

thanks for the input, guys. It looks like Coverking isn't going to be able to help me - they apparently don't have the pattern for a club wagon front seat. I'm sure I could push them a bit more (specifically going above/around Ray - he was no help), but hearing about the passenger seat rotation does sort of kill it for me.

I've found a few other places online that seem to have the pattern for a Ford club wagon front seats with two armrests so I think I will pursue one of those avenues.

Thinking maybe black outer with teal inner neoprene covers

Anyone hate their neoprene covers?
Old 02-11-2013, 02:00 PM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnapr
Yes.
Miykl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2013, 06:04 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by audisnapr
I have Wet Okole in the Jeep and have to say I've been disappointed. For starters the style I got is very thin fabric everywhere but the back and top of the seat. Not a terrible problem, but this black fabric faded to a nasty mix of purple and tan over the years.

The neoprene itself is ripped in multiple places and badly worn. They have lasted (more or less) for nearly 10 years, but they look more like 30 years old.

So it's not the neoprene itself I have a problem with, but the quality and construction of this particular style of Wet Okole covers.

The good news is the seats beneath are still perfect.