Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-06-2020, 10:37 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metaltipsandtricks View Post
I did a video on this subject for my van a few month back we used 4140 chromoly steal. It’s Stronger then aluminum , Bounces off rocks better, and is just as lite. please check it out it might help you with your challenge.
“Build something cool” on YouTube here is the link to the video
I have to admit I can watch that type of video all day long as the technology these days is something to be admired.
If I was 40 years younger I would be all over trying to be in a profession that intergrated CNC controls.

Blowby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-11-2020, 05:07 PM   #12

Nice video, I look forward to seeing where your build goes from here. I've been a huge fan of Justin's fabricator series for a while now.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2021, 12:13 AM   #13
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
JD, GREAT VAN SCORE!!! I'll be right back...

dig255...now that your purposely off topic, I am sure I speak for many out there when I say, "I don't appreciate the ruse."...

I came here for that dudes cool Chevy SMB, which is a rarity in itself, wanting to compliment him on his van, even make a joke about , "Did you know the exact length of the van vs. the length of the garage as you were pulling up*", and give them a suggestion of the brand of tube-steps we have on our van...and I see your 'addition' comment/post...

...heres the "ruse" if you have a beef or think your reputation on here is tainted or feel the need to somehow get folk on "your side", it's an insult to Forum members to try to trick us/catch us off guard into reading your tripe...whether its' true, not true, somewhat true, I could care less and lost any kind of caring about a sentence in b/c I recognized two things: It is a beef of some kind that had gotten out of hand on some other posts with accusations of one well respected member that's supplied the rest of us with countless valuable advice, not to mention ideas of how to get out there and USE our SMB' and some member nobody has heard of or contributed value to the Forum...AND, I'm not hauling my SMB anytime soon so it's a moot point altogether...

The Forum is for adults who respect each other...these things are expensive and juveniles don't get on here and post...are we to expect a post from you like this every time Arctic posts?

*The garage shot of your van looks so close, lengthwise... we 'forgot' to include the box length in back and the winch in front when we were pulling into the garage (not to mention height b/c of the ridiculous SAT dome, another story altogether) we had/have four inches to spare...

Love it/that (Chevy VANS)ever since I heard to lyric..."She's gonna love me in My Chevy Van, and that's alright with Me"...older Members sing with me...lol
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote