Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-27-2018, 11:34 AM   #61

Quote:
Originally Posted by REDOVAL View Post
I sent a PM for the code with no response. Can you send me one so I can get these crossed off my list?

Scott
Hi Scott,

I looked through our PM's and do not see yours. Regardless we just sent you the coupon code. Please let me know if you do not get it and we'll sort you out. Thanks for your interest.

Rob

Element is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:06 PM   #62

Garage
Rob,
Again thanks for taking the time with the group - Great explanations, Excellent responses, and Service that has been outstanding - Hope your product continues to invite growth.
Your web site offers several accessories, but not exactly suited for my application. Each Element came with one small Mounting bracket, but if one decides to mount them horizontally (like I'm attempting to do) a second is needed - Is it possible to order 2 extra brackets? I only bring this up publicly because there are probably others that may have interest in the same.
Old 08-27-2018, 06:44 PM   #63

Occasionally a customer will request an additional mounting clip and up until now it has not been a large enough issue to warrant creating a part number and selling them. Most people will ask for them prior to ordering or add a note to their online order requesting them. In these instances we just include it in the package at no extra charge.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:33 AM   #64

Today is the last day for the Sportsmobile Element Fire Extinguisher group discount. Prior to today the discount code was sent out via PM but seeing as we are in the final day we are making it public for the casual visitors who enjoy the Sportsmobile forum but maybe are not familiar with the PM system.

That said if you visit our website at www.elementfire.com and use the coupon code: sportsmobile2018 at checkout you will receive 15% off of your order and free shipping on orders over $99. This coupon expires at midnight August 31st 2018.

Thank you all for your support. It has been both a pleasure and an honor to be part of the group.
Old 08-31-2018, 10:45 AM   #65

One last thing is a link to a video that took place last weekend illustrating the importance of having a fire extinguisher. In this case a guy took his BMW to the track and a loose can of WD40 arced on the exposed battery terminals causing an immediate fire. Fires are not always in the engine bay and they happen for all kinds of reasons.

Like most fires it starts off small and manageable but, in the time it takes the track marshal to arrive with a fire bottle, the fire grows considerably further damaging the car and getting close to the point where it would be too big to fight it with a fire bottle. The owner of the car desperately tries to do something but with no fire fighting tools at his disposal all he can do is helplessly watch his car burn.

Once a pair of fire bottles arrive, more realities are seen. Most people have never used an extinguisher and the two guys here are obviously panicked and inexperienced meaning that a lot of their 9-11 seconds of fire bottle time is spent shooting at anything but the fire. In the end it takes the life of both bottles to JUST put out the blaze.

Had the owner of the car had an Element in the glove box, this particular fire is a perfect example of one that could be fought passively by lighting the Element, putting it in the trunk, and shutting the lid. Alternatively, had it been fought the traditional way of pointing it at the flames, then the fire would have been out much sooner and with no mess, minimizing clean up and collateral damage.

Here is a link to the video (note there is some NSFW language):

https://www.facebook.com/clippingpoi...6895243500072/
Old 08-31-2018, 01:27 PM   #66
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Element View Post
(note there is some NSFW language):
One would expect such a thing given this guy's circumstances.

For me in that same situation about every 3rd or 4th word would be safe for work, the others not so much.

Good video showing how any extinguisher would have been good, the Element offering probably designed with such events in mind.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 03:32 PM   #67

And we have a winner!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Congratulations to JWA for having his name picked from a hat earlier this morning. You have been PM'ed refund information and your order is totally free.

For everyone else thank you for being a customer and we have decided to extend the discount for one more week to cover those members who took vacation time leading up to Labor Day.

Again the discount code is: sportsmobile2018

Enter it at checkout of www.elementfire.com to receive 15% off any of our extinguishers or accessories plus free shipping on orders over $99
Old 09-01-2018, 04:47 PM   #68

Garage
Congrats to JWA !

Again Rob, your participation with this Forum has been outstanding. I for one feel more confident with your Extinguisher on board, and just as importantly appreciate the unique compact nature of the Element.

Looks like you have had some good exposure, and would encourage you to post occasionally to maintain product visibility.
Old 09-01-2018, 04:57 PM   #69
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Wow---I'm stunned and pleased---Karma working FOR me this time!

Perhaps unknown to most here I had a whale of a difficult time paying via PayPal for reasons Element and I both have never experienced and even today cannot understand why a simple transaction couldn't be completed. Regardless Rob did work it out and I'm waiting for my original order to arrive.

If I'm not too late making a choice between cash back or receiving an additional Element 50's I'll take the extinguishers. There are at least two friends I've previously gifted smaller Kidde extinguishers for their cars---best guess they'd be hard pressed to find them now. This time out I'll take charge of installing the Elements in places they'll be prone to leave alone---until the day comes they need to use them.

Thanks again Rob!!

J W
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2018, 07:13 PM   #70

Garage
Rob,
Need you to dissect my logic here:

I have a bench seat located just behind the drivers seat, located inside I have the main fuse box, Inverter, Espar airtronic, dual Amps for the Stereo, and couple other items.

I was thinking, since the Element works well in a confined space - If I had an electrical fire in this compartment, would an Element ignite by flame if I removed the endcap & mounted one to the bottom of the bench seat (directly above these electronics)? essentially mimicking a fire suppression system