Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2020, 07:12 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Yea, it doesn't look like there's enough room to mount on the rain gutter, which explains why I'm having trouble finding something like what I have in mind. I'm meeting up with a metal fabricator on Tuesday that Gooseberrry hooked me up with. I have a few things I want to talk over with him, including getting his thoughts on making something like this work.

It may end up being just too expensive for what the end result will be. Especially considering these other DIY options and the fact hat I already own a free standing shower enclosure.

This shower configuration is somewhat close to your description. It doesn't exactly snap automatically into place, there is some assembly required, takes about 5 minutes. Materials used were shower curtains from Walmart, aluminum tent poles and shock cord, and neodymium magnets. Behind the grey curtain at the back van entrance are towel and dry clean clothes, easily accessible by pulling the fabric aside. In the meantime the waterproof curtains protect all the interior van surfaces. I use this setup after taking a hike in the hills in the early morning, showering in the parking lot at the trail entrance, then going in to work.
Attached Thumbnails
shower1.jpg   shower2.jpg   shower3.jpg   shower4.jpg  

Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2020, 07:29 PM   #22

Garage
I use something very similar to Jack K, only I have a telescopic aluminum pole attached to the roof rack, and in less than a minute I remove the shower enclosure from the rear door storage compartment, hook it on the end of the telescopic pole, and its done (sometimes use two bungee cords on the left & right anchored to the rear doors to keep the enclosure from blowing around if wind becomes an issue. (have lowered the enclosure so it actually now sits about 1ft off the ground)
Old 08-10-2020, 07:39 AM   #23

Some great ideas here. Helping to get the creative juices flowing...

Tags
canopy, rain, rear, rear doors, transit