Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-02-2013, 07:21 AM   #161
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Re: 2013 E350 New Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinny
Thanks JW
They are a full extension by Accuride. A little over kill, rated at 100 lbs per pair.
Better safe than sorry!

Thought they looked like quality stuff; so good even Snap On uses (used) them!

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 05:20 PM   #162

I've got the subfloor prepped, all the seems and screw holes filled, and the Lonseal cut and ready to epoxy down. I set a little electric heater in the van this afternoon so it should stay about 70 degrees in there tonight like the instructions stated. Anyone have any good pointers for laying this flooring down?
skinny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 07:17 PM   #163

Quote:
I've got the subfloor prepped, all the seems and screw holes filled, and the Lonseal cut and ready to epoxy down. I set a little electric heater in the van this afternoon so it should stay about 70 degrees in there tonight like the instructions stated. Anyone have any good pointers for laying this flooring down?

No advise just anxiously waiting to see this step in your build.
shadzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2013, 08:35 PM   #164

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadzima
Quote:

Thanks, while you're just sitting there eating popcorn.
I am too. It means I can finally start putting stuff in and leaving it in. ;-)
Old 12-02-2013, 08:51 PM   #165

Quote:
Anyone have any good pointers for laying this flooring down?
FWIW, I've put some rubber coin type flooring on a wood floor panel in my Honda Element using contact cement. Worked great.
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 05:00 AM   #166
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

I used heavy commercial grade carpet squares, the type normally secured in place with a pressure sensitive adhesive. With the proper backing that type adhesive has a few advantages, biggest one being relatively easy remove/replacement of individual sections if that's ever needed. Even though it will release when desired it holds my flooring in place without a single problem.

My only concern with contact cement is when removing part of the flooring the plywood might tear out. PSA avoids that. Roberts products #2077, gallon tub that's brushable too.

Striking a line down the center of the floor (empty van) I started in the center and worked my way outward, placing squares on either side of the struck line. When looking inside lengthwise there is a centerline so to speak. This seemed to be a way to reduce the amount of cutting or fitting pieces in place along the sides and door openings.

Another suggestion would be run a single line of your tiles front-to-rear, centered side-to-side so the eye follows just one "path" when viewed lengthwise.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 07:50 AM   #167

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by shadzima
Quote:

Thanks, while you're just sitting there eating popcorn.
I am too. It means I can finally start putting stuff in and leaving it in. ;-)

It is a good feeling isn't it! Enjoying watching your build progress, it is keeping me motivated.
shadzima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2013, 11:57 AM   #168

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
I used heavy commercial grade carpet squares, the type normally secured in place with a pressure sensitive adhesive. With the proper backing that type adhesive has a few advantages, biggest one being relatively easy remove/replacement of individual sections if that's ever needed. Even though it will release when desired it holds my flooring in place without a single problem.

My only concern with contact cement is when removing part of the flooring the plywood might tear out. PSA avoids that. Roberts products #2077, gallon tub that's brushable too.

Striking a line down the center of the floor (empty van) I started in the center and worked my way outward, placing squares on either side of the struck line. When looking inside lengthwise there is a centerline so to speak. This seemed to be a way to reduce the amount of cutting or fitting pieces in place along the sides and door openings.

Another suggestion would be run a single line of your tiles front-to-rear, centered side-to-side so the eye follows just one "path" when viewed lengthwise.
This is just one big piece of Lonseal, no lines to snap here.
Old 12-03-2013, 07:14 PM   #169

I didn't get the floor epoxied down because I don't think the material stayed warm enough last night. It is supposed to be kept at 65-80 deg for 48 hours before and after install. I laid it in the van this morning and cranked the electric heater up and just did some work on the exterior.

This is where it was at last night.

In the van warming up.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0196.JPG   DPP_0202.JPG   DPP_0201.JPG  
Old 12-03-2013, 07:19 PM   #170

Getting ready to install the house batteries.

Shut off switch installed. Going to relocate the compressor I had mounted here.

Battery isolator installed.
Attached Thumbnails
DPP_0197.JPG   DPP_0203.JPG   DPP_0204.JPG