You won't believe it, but almost two years after dragging this van home and more than a year after my last update I've finally begun working on it. We knew it had a blown head gasket and is not driveable, and in order to fix it I needed a clear spot in the driveway with good access for an engine hoist in case I need to pull the engine, or room for a rollback in case I need to junk the van. A spot where I could leave it parked for several weeks in case of a delay with the machine shop or a parts vendor. You can see what a mess the oak trees made of the paint.
Procrastinating a little longer, I remembered a buddy had given me his old power washer that he said worked fine but would not mix the soap in with the water. Worth a try with just water. Test patch okay...
So I did the rest of the body. Note the contrast.
So I then did the top, as far as I could reach. I'll break out my scaffold for the very top, which is still filthy.
Out of excuses, I started on the engine, pulling hose and wire connections and tagging them so I don't get lost on reassembly.