Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-21-2017, 02:07 PM   #1

Ace Vantura -Allllrighty then!

Hey folks! Some of you may have seen my thread on expo, but I wanted to start a thread here on the SMB forum! Mainly because of the super helpful members, but also because we've snuck into the back door of the Sportsmobile club!

Ace Vantura lives in Los Angeles. Its a 2003 Ford e350 7.3 diesel 4x4. Heres how she sits now: 6" ujoint offroad diy lift kit, 35" cooper st maxx, arb onbord air compressor, rear air locker, front dana 60 with true trac limited slip, toyota sienna front seats with mg mounts, diy interior (sold and soon to be rebuilt) and freshly revived sportsmobile penthouse top!

Shes at the shop because we're installing an SMB penthouse! We found a donor van north of Monterey and bought it from a fun hippie couple who had lots of memories in it.

They were bummed to sell it, but at 249k miles, a bad trans, decent rust issues, it wasnt worth repairing. Im sure they'd be heartbroken to see her parted out.

But the way I see it, her old parts are giving life to so many other vans!

It's been rad to meet all of you from the donor van partout thread. Special thanks to bemerritt and boywonder for the part numbers, directions, and encouragement, and to 1der for the special order parts and build wisdom, and to my mechanic danny at penzer auto concepts in monrovia who is taking on this big project. Im handy, but this is above my skill level.

I'll post more soon, but heres some of the fun recent progress.

Heres the new CRL awning window install!

Heres some upclose shots of the paint matched Raptor liner sprayed on the smb top and the roof of my van. 2 coats thick and it came out great!

This is the magic mixtape I found in the stereo. Really excited to give it a listen!!!

ohpyramids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 02:46 PM   #2

Garage
Awesome, that's a great looking rig, im excited to see what you continue to do to it.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2017, 03:37 PM   #3

This is gonna be good!!
Old 07-21-2017, 05:26 PM   #4
ctb

Garage
Send a message via AIM to ctb
Two things...what was on the tape?...and those round LED fog lights? I need to replace mine...Brand and $'s if you don't mind? And (of coarse) nice Rig!
ctb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2017, 10:23 AM   #5

Ace Vantura -Allllrighty then!

Thanks guys! My wife and I are very excited and look forward to making lots of progress on the build in the coming weeks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ctb View Post
Two things...what was on the tape?...and those round LED fog lights? I need to replace mine...Brand and $'s if you don't mind? And (of coarse) nice Rig!

Primelux 1 PCS 7" 140W Off Road LED Driving Light - Cree Spot Beam For Trucks, Jeep Wrangler JK TJ Cherokee XJ GMC Ford Raptor - Clear & Diffuse PC Le https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01GZST4PM..._dhweGxMgCmcX2

I haven't gotten to use them in the field, but they look pretty dang good for a 7" led pod. Check some reviews on youtube.

No idea whats on the tape yet! We're gonna pop it into the 4runner and see whats up!
ohpyramids is offline   Reply With Quote